Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ11435 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The Division of Undergraduate Studies (UGS) at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University Division of Undergraduate Studies (UGS) is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for students, faculty, and staff regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Our aim is to develop and maintain a climate and culture of inclusivity within the Division, where all community members feel welcome, safe, and respected so they can excel in a diverse society.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Coordinator of Assessment for Undergraduate Studies, Boca Raton, FL.
The Coordinator of Assessment for Undergraduate Studies reports to the Director of Assessment for Undergraduate Studies. The position is responsible for coordinating the assessment, evaluation, and implementation of the general education program (the Intellectual Foundations Program, or IFP), and other undergraduate academic support programs or initiatives, as needed. The person will assist in planning and implementing new or revised programs, which may include working with faculty, staff, and administrators in developing effective strategies for the academic assessment of student outcomes at the general education and program levels. The coordinator will establish and maintain liaisons with university student and faculty support units to assure effective coordination of assessment and evaluation activities.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Support the Director of Assessment in planning, collecting and organizing IFP course assessment results to measure IFP student learning outcomes.
- Support academic support unit staff (e.g., writing center, math center) on the development of assessment projects and measurement tools that promote continuous improvement.
- Maintain liaisons with student and faculty support units outside of the college (e.g., e-learning, Career Center) to assure the effective coordination of assessment and evaluation activities.
- Provide support in the preparation of program and research reports by creating various data summaries and data visualizations.
- Coordinate, clean, and maintain assessment databases, records, and related course materials.
- Assist the Director of Assessment in the analysis, interpretation and reporting of specific research studies requested by the Dean of Undergraduate Studies.
- Support the Director of Assessment in the development of faculty/staff workshops to improve unit, course and program delivery and assessment.
- Maintain the office website content and profile.
Master’s degree in a related area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in a related area and two years of appropriate experience required.
Effective communication and organizational skills are required.
Must have strong computer skills in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
Use of SPSS or other statistical packages preferred.Salary:
$48,000 - $52,000College or Department:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., occasional evenings as needed.Application Deadline:
2021-11-29-08:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position may close without prior notice.