Faculty - Math Curriculum (adjunct) Classification Title:
Part Time FacultyMin Salary:
E = ExemptPosition Type::
The Mathematics Department at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is accepting applications for Mathematics Instructors. Possible courses included in this position are: Mathematical Measurement and Literacy, Technical Mathematics, Quantitative Literacy, Statistics, Precalculus, and Calculus. Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills::
Duties and Responsibilities include:
– Conduct assigned classes to enhance student learning in accordance with college policies and procedures.
– Adhere to the syllabus in course content and evaluation of student performance.
– Maintain scheduled class hours as stated on the schedule for the full amount of time.
– Maintain and promptly submit accurate class records and management reports.
– Be accessible to students before and after class or by telephone or email to answer questions and assist with course-related problems.
– Keep up-to-date with the specific content areas of instruction through professional development activities and apply it in classroom instruction.
– Utilize current technology and facilitate collaborative learning.
– Utilize teaching methods which are appropriate for a variety of learning styles.
– Facilitate a positive, professional, and nurturing academic environment.
Master’s degree, including 18 hours of graduate credit in either mathematics or statistics. Education courses do not count towards the required 18 hours.Department::
Sci Math - MathematicsWork Hours::
03/31/2022Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
This position is for teaching face-to-face seated classes.Duty and Responsibility::
1. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet student learning outcomes. Duty and Responsibility::
2. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility::
3. Communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility::
4. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility::
5. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duty and Responsibility::
6. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility::
7. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility::
8. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.