Assistant Professor, PsychologyCampus:
F00128Full or Part Time:
YesJob Description Summary:
Husson University’s College of Science and Humanities invites applications for one or more Assistant Professor of Psychology positions to begin Fall 2022. Ideal applicants will have a strong Clinical Background or a strong Experimental/Research Background. Duties and Responsibilities:
Those with a Clinical Background will have the ability to teach undergraduate clinically-oriented courses such as Introduction to Counseling and Psychotherapy, Trauma and Resiliency, or Behavioral, Psychological, and Rehabilitation Intervention Models. They will also periodically teach General Psychology which is required of all psychology majors and fulfills a General Education requirement of the University.
Those with an Experimental/Research Background will have the ability to teach classes such as Research Methods, Human Growth and Development, Physiological Psychology, or Cognitive Psychology. They will also periodically teach General Psychology which is required of all psychology majors and fulfills a General Education requirement of the University.
Successful Clinical or Experimental/Research candidates may also teach other psychology courses within their areas of specialization.
Successful candidates must demonstrate an ongoing commitment to quality teaching, a strong promise for scholarly activity and professional service, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Candidates will be expected to provide ongoing academic advising and serve a diverse student population. Candidates will be required to remain current with new trends and developments in their field of psychology and to promote the scholarship of teaching and learning through attendance at conferences, courses, seminars, and/or workshops, participate in campus committees, and engage in the academic life of the University.
Husson University is a private institution of approximately 3500 undergraduate and graduate students located in Bangor, Maine. The University is dedicated to offering premier professional programs designed to maximize experiential learning opportunities and student success. Bangor has been ranked as one of the top 50 small cities in the U.S. It offers a safe, affordable community with excellent education and healthcare, easy access to major urban centers, and a wealth of outdoor recreation opportunities. Year-round activities can be enjoyed on the numerous lakes, trails, and ski areas. The University is approximately 40 minutes west of the Maine coast and the nearby mountains of Acadia National Park and an hour south of the newly designated Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument.
Education and Experience:
- Prepare course materials and use appropriate teaching techniques, which may include but are not limited to delivering lectures, leading discussions, conducting demonstrations, and developing and teaching online or hybrid courses.
- Implement standardized courses as designed to fulfill the general education and program goals addressed in those courses.
- Contribute to the development and revision of course content and instructional materials, textbook and equipment selection, and assessment strategies.
- Advise undergraduate students in Psychology.
- Maintain professional skills and subject expertise through continual study and scholarship in discipline and through involvement in professional organizations.
- Participate in program development and serve on department, college, and University committees as necessary.
- Maintain formal office and campus hours.
- Maintain current knowledge of instructional methods and new technologies pertinent to areas of assignment.
- Learn and apply emerging technologies and advances as necessary to perform duties in an efficient, organized and timely manner.
- Provide service to the College and participate in admissions events and interact with the internal and external community in a collegial and professional manner at all times.
Doctoral degree in Psychology; ABD considered.EEO Statement:
Knowledge and ability to teach undergraduate courses in psychology. The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging and have strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrating a commitment to cultural diversity and inclusive education. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to Husson University’s mission and to the highest ethical standards.
Note: This is a face-to-face position; candidates are expected to be on campus.
Earned doctorate in psychology.
Experience in undergraduate teaching and advising.
Husson University is an Equal Employment Opportunity.Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Review of completed applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Visit https://husson.peopleadmin.com/ to apply. A complete application must include: a letter of application, a curriculum vitae or resume, and contact information for three references (at least one must be able to discuss teaching potential). Quick Link to Posting: