Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeHours per week:
40Months per year:
001563NC Salary Grade Equivalency:
Administrative Support Associate - AdvancedWorking Title:
Administrative Support AssociateSalary Range:
$36,177 - $43,550Anticipate Hiring Range:
$36,177 - $40,944FLSA Status:
College of Business (Col)Work Unit:
Graduate ProgramsWork Schedule:
9:00 am – 6:00 pm; Monday – Friday with occasional evening and weekend hours required.Primary Purpose of Position:
Serving as the face of the department, the Administrative Support Associate for Graduate Programs and Executive Education acts as a liaison between College-level staff, administration and department faculty, fulfilling the needs of the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and Executive Education, Graduate Programs staff, faculty, students, vendors, business connections, guests, and College personnel. This position provides administrative support and serves as the office manager for the department. Administrative tasks include coordinating, scheduling, and supervising meetings, events, travel, and purchasing, as well as maintaining office equipment.Minimum Education/Experience:
The Administrative Support Associate is the first point of contact serving as receptionist for the Graduate Programs and Executive Education Office (located at the Dubois Center). The person is responsible for managing the main Graduate Programs phone line, email inbox, and greeting guests of the office including: faculty, staff, current students, prospective students, community members, and other stakeholders.
The Administrative Support Associate is responsible for establishing and maintaining business relationships. In particular, this person works very closely with the Belk College External Relations and Finance and Personnel teams, as well as with Dubois Center staff.
This position administers on-site and off-site education programs, including:
- scheduling meetings and rooms
- arranging and ordering catering
- editing and printing materials
- ordering supplies and materials
- coordinating day-of-event logistics
- providing client and faculty support
In addition, this position configures, coordinates, and hosts in-person and online sessions. The person responds to business inquiries, assists employers with Hire-A-Niner, and schedules employer information sessions.
In all aspects of the job, the Administrative Support Associate position involves providing timely and accurate information. The Administrative Support Associate is often required to creatively pursue answers to questions on a wide range of topics.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Essential Job Duties:
Graduation from high school; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
University Preferred Qualifications:
Graduation from high school, or completion of its equivalency, and three years of office/clerical work experience; or an equivalent combination of training/experience.
The Administrative Support Associate provides administrative support and serves as the office manager for Graduate Programs. Administrative tasks include:Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
- Serving as the receptionist for the Graduate Programs and Executive Education Office located at the Dubois Center
- Greeting and assisting visitors, including guests, faculty, staff, prospective and current students, community members, and other stakeholders
- Managing the main Graduate Programs phone line and email inbox
- Coordination and scheduling of meetings and events
- Supporting the delivery of both on and off-site educational programs, including room reservation/rental, overseeing catering orders, managing day-of-event logistics
- Coordinating and hosting in-person and online sessions in support of the Graduate & Executive Programs Office
- Providing support to employers for the Hire-A-Niner system
- Travel processing
- Managing office equipment
- Administrative budget assistance
The Administrative Support Associate assists in budgeting, purchasing, communication (oral, written, web), project management and promotional activity related to the recruitment and retention of graduate students in the Belk College of Business.
This position works closely with staff members on the Belk College External Relations and Finance and Personnel Teams, as well as Dubois Center personnel.
- Prior administrative support and/or customer service experience.Work Location:
- Prior experience working in higher education.
- Experience with policies and procedures in the area of purchasing and travel.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures in a of graduate education department.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and self-motivated, with previous experience in a position
that involved making informed decisions.
- Prior events coordination experience.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated capability in coordinating a wide variety of projects and tasks on a daily basis.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Demonstrated delivery of high quality customer service.
- Managing priorities and requests from multiple constituencies.
Dubois Center, with intermittent travel to Main CampusPosting date:
10/07/2021Proposed Hire Date:
11/01/2021Special Notes to Applicants:
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application.
- Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
- These documents will be used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and professional experience.