Assistant Professor - Veterinary TechnologyDepartment:
NE College of Technical Agriculture-0928Requisition Number:
F_210082Posting Open Date:
09/22/2021Application Review Date: (To ensure consideration, please submit all application materials before review date):
12/01/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDescription of Work:
This position will be an Assistant Professor for the Veterinary Technology Department at the Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture (NCTA). The incumbent will be expected to average 1.0 FTE as determined by the NCTA Faculty Workload policy, and to teach courses as assigned in the Veterinary Technology Department. Minimum Required Qualifications:
Specific course assignments may be changed over time based on need. Duties for this position will include:
1. Development and Updating of course syllabi, lesson plans, laboratory manuals, power point presentations, and course materials for both lecture and laboratory formats utilizing new technologies.
2. This position will plan, develop, teach, and follow up with students and instructors of Vet Tech short courses, continuing education, dual credit enrollment, and online courses using Canvas LMS technology as applicable.
3. Coordinate Internship visits for students.
4. Assisting with the care of the veterinary technology animals to include weekends, holidays and emergency care.
5. Serve as the primary instructor for the Surgery Prep and Clinical Practices classes.
6. Assist with academic advising, recruiting, internship experiences, committee assignments, student organizations, and other departmental and college activities as needed or required.
7. Maintain Nebraska license in Veterinary Medicine by attending appropriate continuing education courses.
8. Through in-service activities, will maintain proficiency and develop new skills in veterinary medicine, animal health and care.
9. Serve as the liaison with veterinarians and technicians through association meetings, advisory meetings and internship visits.
In addition to the above-described duties, the individual will be expected to accept committee assignments; attend department and college meetings; assume reporting responsibilities; oversee clubs, teams, and extracurricular activities; assist with the Dr. Walter Long Veterinary Technology Teaching Clinic; and other special ad hoc assignments as requested at the administrative unit, college/division, institute, and/or university level. This position will also assist with recruiting, publicity, and facility tours for prospective students.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.
• Possess a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from an AVMA accredited professional program in Veterinary Medicine; Preferred Qualifications:
• Be a Nebraska licensed veterinarian or able to obtain licensure within six months of hire;
• Three years of recent private practice experience in a companion animal or mixed animal clinic.
• Two years of recent teaching experience; Criminal History Background Check Required:
• Experience with small and exotic animals;
• Membership in the Nebraska Veterinary Medicine Association and/or American Veterinary Medical Association;
• Recruiting and fundraising experience;
• Previous experience sponsoring student activities and/or clubs and organizations.
YesHow to Apply:
Click “Apply for this Job” and complete or review existing Information Form. Attach the following documents: For questions or accommodations related to this position contact:
• Cover Letter
• List of three professional references
Jodi Mackin Job Category (old):
Faculty Non-Tenure LeadingJob Type:
9 Month Position funded by grant or other form of temporary funding?: