Job location: BYU–Hawaii Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board
- A doctorate in Information Technology is preferred.
- Applicants with a related master’s degree will be considered if they have five or more years of experience and associated certifications.
- We seek candidates that support our mission (https://about.byuh.edu/mission.html) and who are committed to strengthening our students both spiritually and intellectually.
- The individual should be completely committed to helping prepare students to serve in their families, communities, and the Church throughout the world, with a particular emphasis on the Asia-Pacific region.
- Brigham Young University–Hawaii gives preference to candidates whose background and/or experiences connect with the many cultures and geographic regions reflected by the student body.
- As an educational institution affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU-Hawaii prefers to hire qualified members of the Church in good standing as authorized under Title 41 CFR § 60-1.5 (a)(6).
- Teach approximately 30 semester credit hours per year over three semesters in some (but not all) of the following subject areas: system administration (Windows/Linux), networking, cloud architecture, information security, introduction to programming.
- Scholarship, ongoing professional development, and university service are expected.
- BYU-Hawaii’s primary focus is undergraduate learning and teaching. The individual should be fully committed to student learning (https://clt.byuh.edu/framework-for-learning).
- Rank and salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
- A limited relocation expense package is provided.
- Annually renewable contract eligible for Continuing Faculty Status (BYU-H equivalent of “tenure-track”)
- Standard BYU-Hawaii benefits package for regular full-time employees.
- Official BYU-Hawaii online application form.
- A letter of application and current curriculum vitae.
- The “Fit Statement”: Response to the following question as a separate statement “Why do you consider yourself to be a good fit for BYU-Hawaii?” Response should be submitted with other application documents.
- Three letters of recommendation written specifically for this position. Letter writers must include their names, addresses, and telephone numbers and send their letters via our online portal when prompted. Their contact information will be entered by you when you submit the online application.
- Official transcript from the institution where last degree was received. Electronic and scanned copies (as long as the Registrar’s seal is evident) should be included with other application documents.
- Optional - A link to a 10-minute (minimum) teaching video posted online.
Note: All these documents (except for the recommendation letters) can be submitted through the online application portal in the "Attachments" section.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered*
Starting Date: September 2022 (Fall 2022 Semester)
Contact: Dr. Yifen Beus
Associate Academic Vice President - Faculty
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, HI 96762
Fax: (808) 675-3329
Brigham Young University–Hawaii
Brigham Young University–Hawaii is the preeminent international center of learning in the Pacific. Its small campus is a unique laboratory of intercultural leadership development, where a diverse population of 3,200 students representing over 70 countries live, study and work together. Small classes taught by expert faculty empower students to master a challenging and relevant curriculum. Affordable tuition, financial aid, and online study options make this valuable education more accessible. Operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, a total BYU–Hawaii education involves not only intellectual learning and career preparation, but also moral, ethical, and spiritual enrichment. All the while, students enjoy living and learning in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Graduates go forth to serve, prepared to promote peace and prosperity as leaders worldwide. (https://about.byuh.edu/)
* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.