Teachers College, Columbia University
Job no: 509109
Position type: Faculty
Location: New York
Categories: Academic Advising/Support
The Applied Linguistics and TESOL Program at Teachers College, Columbia University is currently seeking a tenure-track assistant professor in language and technology
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Applied Linguistics and TESOL Program at Teachers College, Columbia University is currently seeking a tenure-track assistant professor in language and technology for which we would like to seek an individual who approximates the following profile:
1. doctorate in applied linguistics or related field with a focus on technology and language research or computational linguistics;
3. research interests in issues related to language acquisition, pedagogy, and/or assessment;
4. demonstrated record of publications on technology-based research in relation to those issues;
5. ability to teach introductory and advanced courses such as corpus linguistics, technology in second language teaching, computational methods for corpus analysis, and/or ICALL.
6. Interest in and facility with sociocultural components in applied linguistics considered a plus.
The committee is particularly interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the program.
Use the link below to submit the following documents:
a cover letter specifying how you would fit the position,
a two-page statement of your research agenda for the next three years,
a copy of three relevant publications, and
Three letters of recommendation (to be submitted independently by recommenders to Emily Riddles, Search Coordinator,[email protected]);
With the letter of application please include the names, titles, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of the individuals who are writing letters of recommendation.
Review of applications will begin on November 15, 2021 and continue until the search is completed.
Teachers College is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic community and to providing equal opportunity in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or gender expression), religion, creed, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency