Minnesota State Community and Technical College is seeking a college-wide Dean of Equity and Inclusion.
M State is a regional student-focused institution that is poised for a strong future. It is the fifth-largest outstate college in the Minnesota State system and the largest two-year college in Greater Minnesota, serving more than 8,000 credit-based students and 7,000 non-credit students each year. M State offers big-college resources and a small-college feel on our four welcoming campuses and in our many online courses and programs. Our faculty and staff are dedicated to the values of integrity, inclusion and innovation, and that dedication is reflected in our programs and in the support we offer to our students.
Mission, Vision, Values
Minnesota State Community and Technical College specializes in affordable and exceptional education, service and workforce training. We welcome all students and engage them in shaping their futures and their communities.
A success story for every student.
As dedicated professionals, we act with purpose in everything we do. We are sincere and honest in our relationships and communications and hold ourselves accountable to doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
We welcome, respect and accept people for who they are and celebrate the power of our collective differences in creating and shaping more robust, energized communities.
Through the power of our four campuses, strategic partnerships and creative problem-solving, we enhance communities. We incorporate technology to improve the student experience, and we see continuous improvement as a constant.
The Dean of Equity and Inclusion serves as a resource providing guidance to employees, students and communities in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion and intercultural competency. The position provides leadership education and advocacy at M State as part of the college’s efforts to create an education environment of inclusiveness, equity and respect for all people.
The incumbent in this position partners with employees throughout the college to ensure equity and inclusion are valued and integrated into policies, practices, teaching, service and culture. The Dean of Equity and Inclusion assesses and monitors the college’s progress toward attaining strategic goals and objectives related to diversity and inclusion, and designs and implements programs and processes to further those goals. This position will oversee the Title IX Coordinator in addition to providing leadership to various roles and ensuring college compliance with Title IX, harassment, and discrimination-related laws and regulations.
- Advance and promote diversity, equity, inclusion and intercultural competency.
- Provide resources to employees and the community regarding diversity and equity.
- Partner with Human Resources to recruit a diverse workforce and help managers and employees create environments in which everyone feels they belong.
- Lead the equity-lens review of all systems, policies and practices across the college that impact outcomes and success.
- Lead the President’s Council on Equity and Inclusion, student advocacy, DEI events and celebrations, and the college voice related to the topics of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- Lead the accessibility resources/disability services team.
- Participate in community activities and other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the department and maintain the reputation of the organization as a viable business partner. Must be able to travel to meetings.
- Graduate degree.
- Experience leading equity and inclusion work.
- Experience motivating/leading and empowering teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, authentic and collaborative relationships.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including making presentations to groups.
- Excellent intercultural competency skills and experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience organizing people and supporting grassroots efforts, and a demonstrated passion for the work.
- Experience using data for decision-making, measuring progress and demonstrating impact.
- Demonstrated ability to create safe spaces for uncomfortable conversations.
- Demonstrated reputation as a good listener, the ability to inspire people and a commitment to following through with the things the leader says they are going to do.
- Experience conducting and facilitating training and teaching.
- Experience with individual assessment instruments in diversity, equity or intercultural competency.
Application Procedure: Application deadline is Monday, October 25, 2021. To apply, please go to: www.minnesota.edu/jobs/ Under Employment opportunities at M State, click on the link for Faculty, professional, and administrator positions (unclassified). Application must include:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae (or resume)
- Name and contact information for three professional references
- College transcripts (copies are acceptable for initial application screening)
If you need accommodations to take part in the application process, please contact Human Resources at (218) 736-1512. For more information regarding M State, refer to our website at: www.minnesota.edu. Minnesota State Community and Technical College, a member of the Minnesota State system, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity educator and employer.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.