Conference & Event Services (CES) delivers exceptional service, resources and support to events on the University of Denver (DU) campus. While upholding the University's integrity, values and inclusive engagement, CES cultivates strategic relationships with its internal DU partners to ensure the success of outreach to local, national and global organizations. CES provides services to clients for the exploration, discussion and enactment of issues and topics germane to a variety of important areas that include civic, political, non-profit, educational and business.
The Manager of Business & Operations in Conference & Event Services (CES) provides overall support regarding financial management, business operations, and human resource administrative functions- including processing transactions and providing strategic budget guidance. The Manager serves as the CES liaison to Human Resources, Risk Management and the Planning and Budget Office. The Manager of Business & Operations reports directly to the Executive Director of CES and has a dotted reporting line to the Planning and Budget Office and to the Controllers Office.
- Oversee budget forecasting, and day-to-day budget management for the Conference and Event Services budget ($3.5 million annual operating budget).
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: purchasing card review and approval, accuracy of payroll, position control, invoicing, journal entries, recognize revenue, expense management, direct pays, contracts, purchase orders, invoices, pricing, Ungerboeck and Banner reports, batch reports, deposits, maintain holding funds, hiring paperwork, merit, and gainshare.
Human Resources Support
- Provide support in personnel decisions in the department and serve as a liaison to and from Human Resources.
- Communicate changes in policy to the CES staff of 10 appointed FTE; attend quarterly meetings and training.
- Ensure compliance with University policy and procedures related to hiring, position changes and employee performance.
- Assist Executive Director to ensure high levels of departmental performance, achievement of goals and ensure the quality of results.
- Assist in training of administrators on position duties.
- Assist event team with onsite support of summer conference and events as needed.
- Provide back-up support to front-desk operations.
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- 3 years of relevant professional experience in business or administration including financial management.
- Computer literacy and advanced proficiency in Microsoft software applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- 5+ years of financial experience.
- 1+ years of experience with budgeting in an academic environment.
- Knowledge of Banner, Concur, and Kronos software.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Occasional event management (very limited) which would include work during nights or weekend
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, October 8th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 11.
The salary range for this position is $68,000-$75,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.