Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Dean, Online Learning and Media Services
position. Reporting to the Vice President for Academic and Student Success, the Dean of Online Learning and Media Services leads and supports the effective integration of instructional and learning technologies in the delivery of online/hybrid learning, is responsible for all aspects of online learning operations, and facilitates the utilization and integration of emerging and relevant instruction and interactive learning technology tools in face-to-face, hybrid and online instruction to enhance student learning and engagement. The Dean guides the training and support of both students and instructors interfacing with the learning tools and environments to ensure a dependable, responsible, accessible and quality academic experience that leads to student success. The Dean serves as a member of the Vice President's leadership team, participates in the College's strategic planning, provides oversight and management of assessment in the division, and works closely with both academic and administrative areas of the College. Units in the department include Online Learning, Academic Computing, Multimedia Services, and CCPTV.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Master's degree in Education, Instructional Technology, or related field required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible management experience required.
• Leadership experience with proven success in managing and motivating teams, developing and executing implementation plans, as well as resolving complex issues, required.
• Ability to provide leadership, direction, and supervision to various levels of staff required; previous supervisory experience required.
• Knowledge in the crucial role academic technologies play in higher education with respect to increasing student access, engagement and success, and of current issues in online learning in general and in higher education in particular required.
• Strong understanding of learning theory and how it applies to online education required.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of learning management systems and experience assisting faculty in their pedagogically sound use required.
• Successful experience developing and teaching online courses at the post-secondary level required especially Canvas.
• Understanding of and successful experience working with students as online learners required.
• Capacity to develop new, relevant technology skills as needed required.
• Innovative thinker with a desire to constantly improve; evidence of creating innovative and engaging learning materials required.
• Knowledge of budget development, administrative practices, and organization and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of projects, programs, policies, procedures, and operational needs required.
• Passion for the College's mission, purpose, and goals, and commitment to achieving those goals, including a focus on how learning systems, methods, and technologies can help students achieve equitable outcomes required.
• Commitment to the culture of diversity, equity, respect, and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from one's own.
• Full understanding of FERPA regulations and ability to work with confidential material with integrity and discretion required.
• Superior communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal) to support effective interaction with students, staff, faculty, and various levels of a diverse college community and external community required.
• Detail oriented with a commitment to data collection and management.
• Energetic, collaborative, flexible, and communicative professional style.
• Ability to effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities and adhere to deadlines required.
• Commitment to providing exceptional customer service required.Preferred Qualifications
• Doctorate degree preferred.
• Management experience in a college or university setting preferred.
• Experience working in a union setting preferred.