Requisition Number:32900Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:26-Oct-2021Date Posted:13-Oct-2021 Close All
Job SummaryThe University of Colorado Boulder Athletics department encourages applications for a Dining Attendant, Athletics
position! This is a hands-on working position in the University of Colorado Athletic Dining Facility. This position exists to complete assigned tasks that provide operational support to front and back of house, practicing safe food handling, following standardized operating procedures, sanitation protocol, operating an industrial dishwasher, all while offering excellent customer service in a team focused and supported environment.
This position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program. This shall include adhering to the principles of the Athletic Department’s Mission Statement, Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement, Core Values, Policies and Procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Pac 12 Conference and the NCAA.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreAs one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff, and students work with the broader community to establish unique connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world. What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeProduction & Service:
Safety & Sanitation:
- Prep and assembles ingredients for recipes. Utilize a variety of kitchen equipment as needed.
- Assist with food preparation, cross-trains to support food production and service efforts.
- Clean prep areas, equipment and dishes following accurate sanitation methods. Assist with set-up, maintenance and breakdown of production and service areas.
- Assist with receiving and putting away food orders and maintain clean and organized storage areas.
- Provide additional culinary support as needed.
- Follow established food safety regulations. Operate an industrial dishwasher and manages cleaning chemicals. Washes pots, pans, knives, etc. by hand when needed.
- Supervise drink stations, service line, dish room, tray return, dining room for cleaning.
- Empty and clean all trash receptacles. Transport cooking oil, trash, recycling and compost to the garage and discards waste in appropriate bins.
- Responsible for inventory of chemicals/janitorial supplies and maintain a clean and organized dish area.
- Stock and replenishes service ware and runs bus tubs from tray return to dish pit. Follow all sustainability and recycling procedures.
- Sanitize high contact surfaces. Responsible for reporting any sanitation or safety issues and makes work order requests as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service. Empowered to make decisions in their area and span of control.
- Train staff on accurate sanitation and dish-washing protocol.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
What You Should Know
- The ability to work nights, weekends, and be flexible in scheduling per operational needs is required.
What We Can Offer
- The salary rate is $33,500 annually.
- Additional Compensation Details:
- Additional Athletics benefits include: Athletic Event Tickets: Per Athletic Department Policy and NCAA regulations, Nike Elite Employee Benefit: Per Nike Elite Policy.
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe collaborative. Be dynamic. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Two years of work experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and be flexible in scheduling per operational needs.
- ServSafe certification within 6 months of appointment.
What You Will Need
- Ability to complete assignments as instructed.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain safe food handling practices.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Food service work experience.
- Work experience as a dishwasher.
- Experience in retail and fast paced dining operations.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- (Optional) A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by October 26, 2021
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]