DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine Department of Immunology MicrobiologyProfessional Research Assistant Level 2Position #00789561 – Requisition #22939
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. The Department of Immunology Microbiology has an opening for a full-Professional Research Assistant Level 2 position. Nature of Work
: A position as a professional research assistant is available in the Guthmiller Laboratory in the Department of Immunology and Microbiology at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. It is a full-time research position that will utilize molecular, biochemical, genetic, immunological, and in vivo approaches to investigate immunity against influenza viruses. This research position will involve in vitro and animal studies performed at biosafety level 2 working conditions.Supervision Received
: The employee will be responsible to Jenna Guthmiller, PhD, Assistant Professor, and may be assigned to work with other members of laboratory staff as needed.Supervision Exercised
: The employee may be assigned to help train and supervise student workers in the laboratory.Duties and Responsibilities
: This full-time position involves assisting the PI and/or other research professionals with projects that focus on understanding antibody responses to infectious diseases, primarily influenza viruses. Work will largely be experimental, but will require up to 25% clerical activities, including laboratory management. Work will include, but not be limited to:
Recombinant protein expression and purificationPurification and analysis of RNA and proteins by multiple types of assaysManagement of mouse breeding colonyHandling, inoculation, and necropsy of laboratory miceProcessing of animal tissues for downstream analysesProcessing of human blood and tissuesFlow cytometry and cell sortingPerformance of in vitro and animal experiments at BSL2 conditionsSalary and Benefits
The salary range (or hiring range) has been established at $37,500-$54,00.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
. University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A minimum of a B.S. or B.A. degree in field relevant to research, including microbiology, immunology, molecular biology, biology, genetics, cell biology, biochemistry, or a closely related field and at least two years of previous laboratory experience in virology or immunology or Master's Degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior experience in one or more of the following is an advantage: laboratory management, recombinant DNA techniques, maintenance of cells in culture, work with viral pathogens, animal breeding and handling, processing of human tissues, and flow cytometry.
- Applicants should demonstrate that they are well-organized, reliable, independent, and possess considerable attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and computational skills.
Sep 29, 2021Unposting Date: