DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusCollege of NursingFaculty Support Assistant (Administrative Assistant II)Position #609999 – Requisition #22885
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The College of Nursing has an opening for a full-time State Classified Faculty Support Assistant.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Job Summary
The purpose of this position is to implement a full-range of administrative support tasks and processes for the Tenured, Tenure Track, Clinical Teaching, and Research faculty while staffing the CU Nursing Faculty Support Desk in ED2N on the 4th
floor. This position would also provide high-level administrative support to the Sr. Associate Dean for Faculty and Students, the Associate Dean of Research and Scholarship, the Associate Dean of Clinical and Community Affairs, and the Associate Dean of Academic Programs. This position’s administrative focuses include word processing, maintaining electronic filing systems, scheduling meetings and handling all logistics for assigned meetings, and various other duties and tasks. This position will also support various faculty standing committees with logistical support with booking rooms, setting up remote meeting options, taking meeting minutes, etc. Finally, this position will support logistics related to faculty recruitment as assigned by the Faculty Affairs Program Manager.This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Examples of Work Performed
- Provide consistent and high quality administrative support to assigned Faculty within the CU College of Nursing.
- Provide administrative support for the All-College/General Faculty Meeting in collaboration with the Faculty Affairs Program Manager, including booking rooms, setting up remote connection options (e.g. zoom), scheduling for relevant equipment from OIT, supporting agenda creation with the FEC Chair, ensuring agenda and materials are communicated out by established deadlines, and other related assigned tasks.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Sr. Associate Dean for Faculty and Students, the Associate Dean of Research and Scholarship, and the Associate Dean of Academic Programs.
- Coordinating and managing calendars for Sr. Associate and Associate Deans, scheduling meetings (including all relevant logistics for meetings), procurement and travel support, managing logistics for special events as assigned, etc.
- Faculty Support Requests should be processed within established deadlines and at the highest level of service with consistent execution.
- Categories of faculty administrative support may include: printing, copying, scanning, ordering desk copies, meeting logistics (room reservations, remote meeting setup, etc.), ordering parking codes as requested, processing mailing requests, providing basic computer support to faculty, basic document editing, formatting as well as basic document creation.
- Coordinate faculty committee meetings, as assigned, including room scheduling, location, notification of members, distribution of reminder letter, and agenda.
- Attend assigned meetings, record minutes and distribute minutes and appropriate attachments to all members.
- Expedite and distribute outgoing and incoming mail on daily basis.
- Process faculty travel and expense reimbursements following established guidelines and processes.
Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- Two years of general clerical, human resources, customer service or administrative service experience.
- SUBSTITUTION: College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for experience on a year- for-year basis.
- Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
- Experience working with students, faculty, and/or staff within the University of Colorado system.
- Experience Microsoft Suite Software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience scheduling, coordinating and providing support for meetings and special events
Salary and Benefits:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to ensure accuracy in work
- Excellent customer service skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Skilled in document management (creation, organization, maintenance and dissemination)
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $35,448 to $50,424. This position is eligible for overtime compensation. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Job Category:
Administrative Support and RelatedPrimary Location:
Nov 23, 2021Unposting Date: