Administrative Associate IVAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
Provost & Academic Vice PresidentProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
Under general supervision, this non-exempt position provides advanced administrative support to the department. This position supports all academic advisors within the unit and as needed may carry additional administrative responsibilities for student success initiatives.
This position works collaboratively with other personnel within the organization and across campus, investigates issues related to administrative processes and strives toward independent learning, judgement, and action related to administrative function. This position has a strong emphasis in professional communication toward colleagues, students, and guests and requires the ability to thoughtfully address situations or projects, to multi-task on a regular basis, to remain calm during peak scheduling periods, to constructively respond to guidance from supervisors, to pro-actively seek out ways of staying up to date on campus administrative procedures, and to assist implementation of advising policies and procedures. This position may train and supervise student workers.Responsibilities:
- Perform administrative support for academic advisors; prepare memos, spreadsheets, correspondence, and reports; maintain records, files, projects, and online appointment calendars; provide general office support such as shredding documents, scanning, making copies, and faxing as needed.
- Create and process information in Banner and store electronic documentation on Laserfiche; may place and release Holds and enter authorized permits in Banner as needed; use Banner and Degree Works to proactively troubleshoot student registration issues—especially during peak registration periods; enhance the academic advisor to student experience by noting pertinent details provided by students in Banner and Degree Works at the time of scheduling.
- Maintain essential understanding of campus resources; direct students and guests to appropriate campus resources as needed; considerately explain individualized steps necessary for students to complete the admissions and enrollment process as necessary.
- Provide clear instruction for essential procedures to students and families such as: scheduling appointments with academic advisors; completing college forms accurately, the process for releasing holds; the process for appealing academic suspension or changing majors; and others pertinent to academic advising.
- Answer phones, route calls, hospitably greet and assist students, visitors, faculty, and community members; prepare and answer routine correspondence; prepare large mail merge projects.
- Create Transfer Departmental Property (TDP) documents in Canopy for assigning inventory or property to surplus as needed.
- Create requisitions in IslanderBuy as needed; order and maintain office supplies; order co-brand items from vendors for advising center as needed; order catering for meetings and events; maintain knowledge of expenditure guidelines, HUB vendor purchasing requirements, necessary approvals from Marketing and Communications for unique purchases, and food exemption request processes.
- Reserve rooms for meetings or events on campus.
- Reconcile purchasing expense reports; process travel requests and travel expense reports in Concur.
- Complete job posting and application reviews in Handshake; complete hiring process in Workday for student workers as needed; may supervise and train student workers; approve student worker timesheets if applicable.
- Participate in administrative professional development opportunities for internal program training as well as employee relations sessions; seek out campus training opportunities to grow in administrative excellence, to increase job performance, and to stay relevant with changing policies and procedures.
- Attend TAMU-CC Commencement ceremonies as designated by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Four (4) years of related administrative experience.
- Education may be considered as a substitution for the minimum experience requirement
- Associates degree and two (2) years administrative experience
- Bachelors degree
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work professionally and courteously with diverse populations
- Ability to multi-task yet remain detail-oriented and accurate
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours and/or on weekends, as determined by university-wide events and at the direction of university leadership
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Administrative experience in a higher education setting, working directly with student populations
- Experience working in an academic advising setting or with new student orientation
- Experience with Banner, Jabber, WebEx, TimeTap, Laserfiche, Handshake, Argos, Concur, Workday, IslanderBuy, and/or Ad Astra
- Experience supervising student workers
- Two candidates will be hired. We are currently searching to hire for the College of Nursing & Health Sciences Academic Advising Unit and for the Islander Advising Center.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Administrative-Associate-IV_R-042191-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency