Director of Employer Relations and Outcomes
Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford University is seeking a talented professional to fill the role of Director for Employer Relations & Outcomes (ERO) within Stanford Career Education (aka, BEAM)
. The ERO director, will work strategically with the ERO team, the center, campus partners, and employers to ensure that Stanford students and alumni benefit from increased and quality internships and jobs opportunities.
In leading the ERO team, the director manages resources and plans in ways that empower the team to align with department, division, and campus strategic planning. Further, the director ensures that the center works with campus partners to increase employer access to students and that Stanford Career Education team members remain current in their understanding of trends and practices in recruiting that focus on higher education and college-educated candidates. Also, the director leads the ERO team in advancing employer relations, identifying and reporting on relevant outcomes, and ensures the effective use of resources to advance employer engagement. Finally, the director serves as the department lead for employer-focused platforms that include Handshake and Salesforce.
Inclusion and diversity are integral to Stanford's commitment to excellence. We seek candidates who have demonstrated experience engaging with diversity through activities such as fostering an inclusive environment, ensuring access to opportunity for all students and alumni, working with students and staff from diverse backgrounds, and / or incorporating diverse perspectives in their work.
Stanford Career Education is committed to the success of Stanford students and alumni. Our work with employer relations and outcomes allows us to advance student success, affiliation with campus, and collaborations that ensure Stanford students and alumni develop their potential and have access to networks that allow them to advance their own and others' careers. Our center aligns its efforts with those of the division of Student Affairs and actively supports Our Most Important Work
.In this role, you will:
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Ensure that the resources, employer relations, and outcomes align with broader department, division, and campus-level commitments, priorities, and practices.
- Manage the work of ERO team members, ranging from hiring and empowering, to coaching and mentoring, to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion; to guiding performance and alignment with broader department, division, and campus efforts.
- Lead the ERO team in developing, implementing, and improving core employer relations functions such as communication systems and protocols for working with employer inquiries, tracking employer relations via a shared system such as Salesforce where CRM planning allows for ongoing and annual reporting about employer engagement.
- Lead comprehensive efforts to review on an annual basis current employer services such as on-campus recruiting, sponsor programs, engagement on Handshake, and career fairs as a basis to plan strategically for updated, relevant, and effective employer relations.
- Lead efforts in collaboration with the ERO team and the AVP / ED to represent the ERO area on campus, with students and alumni, employers, and community partners. These efforts include serving as the department's primary contact for the Office of Student Engagement and a primary contact for development.
- Lead the management of student assistants and ensure compliance with department, division, and campus requirements.
- Lead the identification of, and ongoing reporting for, core metrics such as internship and employment opportunities and placement, employer affiliation with the department and Stanford, revenue generation, and future trends in university recruitment to benefit department career coaching, programming, and student lifecycle planning.
- Lead ERO marketing and branding efforts to ensure communication effectiveness such as identifying core messaging, alignment with department and division communications protocols and priorities, and outcomes / impact of marketing and branding efforts.
- Lead ERO technology and online resource use, ensuring team members have the capacity to fully use and collaboratively integrate current and new technology and online resources to ensure team efficacy with employer relations.
- Lead efforts to ensure the broader department and as appropriate broader campus involvement with offering and reporting on employer-focused events and programs such as open houses, treks to organizations, career fairs, networking events, and industry-focused programs / events.
- Contribute to department, division, and campus relations and development efforts, especially as those efforts could be strengthened from employer relations expertise.
- Serve on and lead committees and task force groups that advance the department, division, and university, especially where employers, alumni, and campus partners are involved.
- As appropriate, steward alumni relations among employers in collaboration with department, division, and Stanford Alumni Association.
- Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience in employer relations, services, engagement, or similar function to support the efficacy and success of a broader career-focused department.
- Master's degree in student affairs, business, communication, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in using Handshake (or similar employer engagement platform) to manage a range of employer relations functions.
- Experience and / or demonstrated ability to use a CRM platform such as Salesforce to allow for tracking, analysis, and reporting on core employer relations functions.
- Demonstrated experience in working with diversity, equity, and inclusion with team development / management and with employer relations.
- Demonstrated experience in working with diversity, equity, and inclusion in providing service and support to students and alumni via a strong, proven commitment to creating and maintaining an organization that is diverse, inclusive, and equitable; high competence collaborating with a variety of diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in working with branding, marketing, and current social media apps to strengthen employer relations efficacy.
- User knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or similar standard word processing, documents, and data management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage audience-centered communications to internal and external audiences for a range of purposes and outcomes.
- Demonstrated abilities to research, track, analyze, and report on employer-focused relationships and outcomes, and to use these efforts in outreach and planning.
- Demonstrated abilities to lead and manage effectively, including the capabilities to address conflict, to negotiate, and to engage team members in a range of conversations.
- Demonstrated experience with managing the work of staff and students who support employer relations and university recruitment.
- Demonstrated abilities to coordinate shared work in a manner that ensures team members understand work processes, are given the ability to provide input into work processes, provide guidance that aligns work with broader goals and purpose, and that staff are empowered to see the efficacy outcomes of their efforts
- Proven abilities to coordinate and focus efforts of a diverse team(s) around employer relations and related outcomes.
- Demonstrated abilities and experiences to guide the development of teams.
In addition, job specific include:
- Master's degree and a minimum of six years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience in higher education and university recruiting.
- Experience in higher education setting preferred
How to Apply:
- Active involvement in NACE, MPACE, and other career, employer, and university recruitment-focused professional associations.
- Expertise in the use of Handshake (or similar and widely used online employer engagement and services platform) to coordinate the work of employer relations and outcomes.
- Experience in identifying and meeting employer relations needs, especially in relation to work assignments, planning, and reporting.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment and serve constituents from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, industries, and objectives.
- Proven record in leading and developing cohesive teams, managing performance and productivity, strategic planning, and contributing to organizational leadership.
We invite you to apply for this position, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2507644
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency