Assistant Coach, Womens Lacrosse
Head Women's Lacrosse Coach DEPARTMENT:
PE & Athletics APPOINTMENT:
Full-time, Administrative, Ten (10) months STARTING SALARY RANGE:
Commensurate with experience INTRODUCTORY PERIOD:
One (1) year AVAILABLE:
Immediately POSTING DATE:
September 17, 2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Open until filled DESCRIPTION:
Under the supervision of the Head Coach, the Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach is responsible for furthering the mission of the University, the Department of Physical Education and Athletics, and the Bulldog Women's Lacrosse programs. The Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach must comply with all University, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) rules and policies. The Assistant Coach will serve the Head Coach and the Women's Lacrosse program as a recruiter as well as on-field instruction, as assigned, assist the Head Coach in the planning, administering, and evaluating of various aspects of the operations of the Women's Lacrosse program.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the recruiting coordinator for the Women's Lacrosse program.
- Identify, evaluate and recruit qualified prospective student-athletes.
- Maintain effective communication with prospective student-athletes and Admissions Office.
- Arrange and conduct on and off-campus visits with prospective student-athletes.
- Assisting with on-field coaching, training, and skill development - experience with goalkeeping/attacking preferred.
- Plan, execute, and maintain all aspects of the program's social media sites (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Scouting of opponents and preparation of scouting reports for head coach and team members.
- Run and coordinate ID camps and clinics on campus.
- Teach physical education activity courses in accordance with assigned load during the academic year.
- Accept a collateral assignment (i.e.,assist with game management, admin responsibilities, student-athlete education, etc.) within the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Function as an active team member of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree and have a minimum of three (3) years of lacrosse coaching experience, and possess the ability to attract outstanding students to the University; and have a clear understanding of the NCAA Division III philosophy and the role of physical education, recreational sports, and athletics in a private, liberal arts academic setting. A valid driver's license is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented after offer of employment. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. TO APPLY:
A resume/CV and cover letter are required. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040. INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19:
New employees are required to submit proof of having received the full course dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or submitting an exemption request for medical, religious, or other reasons within sixty (60) days from your date of hire. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/ SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/UNI1089UOR/JobBoard/6af23b67-9dd3-4a6a-bda1-676b92a4fcb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=eccdf2dc-c6e6-419f-bb68-eac0b6cb6428
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency