Biology Adjunct Instructor (Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology)
Los Medanos College
$60.89 - $86.04 per hour (depending on placement)
Description of Position:
The Los Medanos College Biology Department seeks enthusiastic teachers to become part of our adjunct instructional faculty for the Spring 2022 Semester. Currently, we are looking to staff one section of our Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology (BioSc 30) course. BioSc 30 is 4-unit course that will be taught in a hybrid format combining online lectures with 3 hours per week of in-person lab instruction.
1. Inform students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.2. Maintain necessary attendance and scholastic records and submit them according to published deadlines.3. Provide classroom instruction in accordance with approved course outlines.4. Prepare and grade class assignments and examinations and inform students of their academic progress.5. Collaborate with course lead(s), the department chair(s), and technical personnel to assure that college mandates are met, and that all sections of a given course maintain coordination with each other.6. Teach courses offered in both daytime and evening at our main campus in Pittsburg, as well as at the Brentwood Center.
Contact Kyle Hanks or Jill Bouchard, Biology Department Co-Chairs, by email ([email protected]
, [email protected]
EEO Job Category:
Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Master’s degree in any biological science OR Bachelor’s degree in any biological science AND master’s degree in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science OR The equivalent
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled:
# of Months:
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/8119
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency