Staff - Part-Time Weekend Student Activity Center Supervisor
Job Description Summary:
The Weekend Student Activity Center Supervisor will act as the direct contact for the facility on the weekend and all general operations of the Student Activity Center. This position would instruct recreation center patrons in the effective use of a wide variety of cardio and fitness equipment, monitor orderly operation of the fitness room, and provide recommendations and assist in routine maintenance of fitness equipment.
The Part-Time Weekend Student Activity Center Supervisor will also supervise student workers, assist with intramural sports programs, assist with new and ongoing activities, and perform administrative duties related to the operation of the facility.Ability to work:
Fridays 10:30am - 6:00pm
Saturdays 10:00am - 5:00pm
Sundays 10:00am - 5:00pm
- BA/BS in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Health/ Fitness Management or other related field
- Work experience with public, and operation of fitness equipment
- CPR certified
- Ability to work: Fridays 10:30am-6:00pm., Saturdays 10:00am-5:00pm, Sundays 10:00am-5:00pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fitness Center operating policies and procedures
- Fitness systems and proper techniques
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, visit https://swmich.peopleadmin.com/postings/3591
- Assists in development of division health and wellness programs.
- Ensures rules, safety standards, and sanitation requirements are followed.
- Provides customer assistance as needed.
- Provides instruction to patrons in the proper use of the facility equipment to include cardiovascular equipment.
- Employee training, including an overview of the expectations of the facility and themselves.
- Allocation of duties and job assignments as needed.
- Monitors fitness room to ensure smooth flow of patrons through exercise circuits.
- Performs routine daily maintenance tasks such as cleaning equipment, filing fitness cards, and minor repairs on facility equipment.
- Documents and reports all accidents and incidents in the fitness room.
- Documents and reports all equipment malfunctions and safety hazards to Center Administrator.
- Assist in the inventory and requisitioning of supplies and parts for the fitness room.
- The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive, but a list of the major responsibilities. Additional duties not noted in the job description may be assigned by a supervisor.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency