Job location: JJC Main Campus Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
Student Employee, Fine Arts Studio
Student Employee, Fine Arts - Art Studio
Assist supervisors and students in the 3D studio arts areas when and where instructed. Assist in cleaning, studio maintenance, preparation of instructor demonstrations and safe operation of tools and equipment.
POSITION TITLE: Student Employee, Fine Arts Studio
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Fine Arts
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
REPORTS TO: Eric Gorder, Fine Arts Professor
MINIMIUM PAY RATE: $11.00 per hour
(Position is FWS Eligible)ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist in the cleaning and general upkeep of ceramics, metals and 3D/2D studios.2. Assist instructors in preparation of demonstrations, materials, and spaces.3. Assist students as needed in the 3D arts areas.4. General cleaning and upkeep as needed/instructed in other art studio classrooms.5. Assist Fine Arts secretary as needed6. Perform related duties as assigned.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. Minimum G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher.2. Have taken Art 104 (3D Design), Art 111 (Ceramics I)3. Able to lift 50 lbs. in a repetitive manner.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Have taken Art 240, enrolled in Art 241 (Metalsmithing and Jewelry I,II)2. Have taken or enrolled in Art 112 (Ceramics II)PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. in a repetitive manner.
- Primary working conditions are within an art studio environment, which at times can be dusty.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):