Tourism & Hospitality Management Faculty, Full-TimeRequisition Number:
The Business Leadership, Fashion, and Hospitality department invites applications for a tenure-track full-time assistant professor faculty position in Tourism & Hospitality Management beginning Fall 2022. Teaching on campus is required.Specific Responsibilities:
The academic programs and courses provided by the Business Leadership, Fashion, and Hospitality department equip students with the knowledge, tools, skill sets, and practical experience to be competitive in job markets as well as prepare those who desire to continue their education and pursue a bachelor’s degree. Students are challenged and encouraged by subject matter experts and participate in active-learning classroom instruction delivered on-campus and distance learning environments. In addition, there are opportunities for personal growth and social interaction through engagement events, guest speakers, and student organizations.
The Tourism and Hospitality Management AA degree prepares students to either enter the workforce at a supervisor level or transfer to a Hospitality program at a four-year university. Students will gain an understanding of the management principles and theories that put them on the path towards a rewarding career in various segments of the hospitality industry, such as cruises, sales, events, gaming and casinos, hotels, restaurants, and tourism. Students gain hands-on experience through various course assignments and requirements. The Tourism and Hospitality Management program offers courses in human resources management, event management, marketing, food service operations management, casinos and gaming, lodging, and tourism. Upon completion of the degree, students will be ServSafe certified and TIPS training certified, providing a competitive and financial advantage in the job market
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural, and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
• Teach Tourism & Hospitality Management courses to students with a broad range of industry interests. Minimum Qualifications:
• Communicate effectively, value differences, and foster collaboration. · Work with others to achieve college, department, and individual success.
· Proactively identify and address problems.
• Utilize effective teaching strategies and technologies for online learning and other technology tools to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth and service to the profession.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession. Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.
• Master’s degree in Hospitality, Tourism, or a related degree.Preferred Qualifications:
• At least three years of teaching experience.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively use teaching strategies and technologies for in-person and/or online learning.
• At least two years in a management role.Work Location:
• Active participation in industry related professional development activities, meetings and/or conferences.
• Experience teaching at a community college.
• Experience teaching online.
• Commitment to participating in the intellectual life of the department, and a willingness to participate in the life of the College.
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
• Interested persons should complete an online application. Salary Grade or Rank:
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.
Rank 5 or Rank 6Position Type:
FacultyEmployment Status :