About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.Requisition Number:
2021-129Posting Start Date:
High School/GED Additional Documentation:
Commensurate with Experience
Material Management TechnicianResponsibilities/Duties
- Responsible for the receipt storage and distribution of supplies and materials delivered to shipping and receiving.
- Shipping and receiving; receives and processes deliveries and supply requisitions.
- Safe and efficient storage of supplies and inventory; maintains adequate and usable inventory of all moving supplies and potable equipment to meet the needs of the campus community.
- Maintain safe hallways and pathways maintenance.
- Moves equipment.
- Respond to School Dude requests.
- Set-up for college events.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Hand trucks; power trucks; delivery vehicles; and other hand equipment.
Minimum Education and Training Requirements:
- High School diploma
- One-year related experiences and/or one to six months’ related experiences and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions short correspondence and memos, Ability to write simple correspondence, ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers clients and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides in all units of measure using whole numbers of common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent and draw and interpret bar graphs
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply understanding to carry out details but uninvolved written or oral instructions, Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized
The work environment characteristic described here are representative the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, hazardous materials, and waste. The employee may work near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, push, pull equipment use arm leg and back muscles for extended periods use hand to finger ,handle or feel objects, tools or controls reach with hands and arms climb, stoop kneel or crouch, talk or hear and taste or smell
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 15 pounds and frequently lift and or move up to 75 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail