About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.Requisition Number:
2021-131Posting Start Date:
High School/GED Additional Documentation:
Commensurate with Experience
HVAC TechnicianDescription/Job Summary
This is a 40 hour per week position within the Facilities Department, Physical Plant/Maintenance Division. As such the main duties of the incumbent will be Maintenance, Repair and the safe Operation of both large and small Physical Plant equipment. If needed and available, may be required to perform other duties as related to facility maintenance. This position is classified as essential, as such during certain weather and other emergencies the incumbent may be required to work after normal working hours and on weekends. This position is contractual and serves as an apprentice to the HVAC Tech and Stationary Engineer.
- HVAC Apprentice license (required after 1 year of apprenticeship training)
- Universal CFC Certification (preferred)
- The ability to use and understand computer/email, as work orders are generated through a Maintenance Program, and certain communication is generated via electronic means.
- The ability to climb ladders and if necessary to work at heights above 6 ft. with proper safety restraints.
- The ability to work in all weather conditions and in unconditioned spaces.
- The ability to read prints and electrical schematics, for trouble shooting.
- Be able to proficiently use test equipment and refrigeration manifolds and other necessary tools to diagnose and trouble shoot, and perform maintenance to both heating and a/c systems throughout the facility.
- The ability to communicate, effectively and clearly with college personnel and students (Customers) as well as supervisory personnel, and contractors with relation to job related duties, both verbally and with the written word.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail