The Office of Human Resources and Inclusive Community (HRIC) at the University of Denver is led by the Vice Chancellor of Human Resources and Inclusive Community who reports directly to the Chancellor of the University. The Office of Human Resources and Inclusive Community is responsible for developing and delivering a broad range of services in support of the Universitys mission, vision and strategies. The Office of Human Resources and Inclusive Community is evolving from a traditional operational and service orientation into a highly effective strategic unit advancing the broader strategic aims of the University.
This position will provide human resources consultation and support to designated larger complex academic units and/or non-academic divisions at the University of Denver that include staffing, employee development, performance management, employee relations and compensation. This position will also advise and provide leadership to the Human Resources Partnerships workgroup through knowledge and areas of specialization. In addition, this position will collaborate with the divisional leadership and HRIC in the overall strategic planning, developing and implementing human resources practices and programs that support the divisions business needs and help advance the Universitys Strategic Plan, Impact 2025.
- Provide support and serve as liaison between larger complex academic units and/or non-academic divisions and HRIC by consulting with and providing guidance and interpretation to divisional leadership on HR related items to talent management including workforce planning, recruiting, onboarding and other HR functions as necessary.
- In conjunction with HRIC, provides day-to-day performance management guidance and counsel to senior leadership and other supervisors within the division to ensure consistent application of the institutions performance management guidelines.
- Provide employee relations counseling and guidance to divisional managers and employees in conjunction with central human resources partnerships office.
- Assist in developing and implementing HR policies and procedures including the employee handbook and related policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal Labor and Employment Law.
- Work with divisional leadership to identify training needs and deliver learning programs to levels of staff within the division from entry level employees to executive level coaching needs.
- Bachelors degree.
- 4 to 7 years of experience working in a human resource generalist or human resource business partner capacity.
- Experience analyzing Human Resources trends and metrics in developing solutions, programs and policies.
- Highly proficient in use of HRIS, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Previous higher education work experience, or exposure to higher education or experience working in a complex matrixed organization.
- A Masters Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Certification in Human Resource Management from the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI), or Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, October 6th, 2021. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 13.
The salary range for this position is $86,000-$91,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.