Instructor - Middle School Computer Science (82653)Location:
Gainesville, FLOpen Date:
Sep 20, 2021Description:
You belong at a K-12 teaching and learning environment that’s leading the way!
About P.K. Yonge
P.K. Yonge Developmental Research School (DRS) is a public school established in 1934 with the mission to design, test, and disseminate innovations in K-12 education through serving a student population representative of Florida’s economic, racial, gender, and academic diversity. P.K. Yonge seeks to attract a faculty that reflects the diversity of our student population. Affiliated with the College of Education at the University of Florida, P.K. Yonge faculty may partner with members of the college to develop, and test teaching solutions grounded in our shared values of inclusivity, accessibility, equity, and student agency while educating approximately 1250 students on campus.
P.K. Yonge | Best School EVER!
P.K. Yonge: Re-imagining School – Opening the Secondary Building
P.K. Yonge boasts a small community-like atmosphere that fosters deep and impactful relationships with students and families from all walks of life over many years. P.K. Yonge is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all as we seek to generate new ideas for advancing equity and inclusion at P.K. Yonge and beyond through research, teaching, and/or service. Teachers work closely in a collaborative environment that cultivates diversity of thought, perspectives, and ideas on matters that impact K-12 schools. As practitioner-researchers, P.K. Yonge faculty are constantly working to bridge theory and practice. P.K. Yonge attributes our successes to the contributions of teachers from all backgrounds and nationalities who find teaching, research, and investigation inspiring, who value the opportunity to reach outside the bounds of the classroom, and who are open to sharing on a broader scale.
P.K. Yonge teachers enjoy greater professional autonomy. P.K. Yonge faculty engage in professional learning opportunities each year though webinars, workshops, learning communities, and teacher research aimed at increasing knowledge of diversity and equity in inclusive learning environments. Teachers are fully supported to explore and learn within their subject areas; encouraged to present and attend national conferences; and inspired to refine and improve their current practices.
P.K. Yonge | About Our School | Faculty Voices
Learn more about the Gainesville community
The Opportunity and Job Description
P.K. Yonge Developmental Research School (DRS) is seeking to hire an experienced Computer Science teacher to begin as soon as possible. Instructor responsibilities include:
- Direct teaching of assigned students.
- Administer and analyze formative assessments to monitor student progress and plan instructional shifts to increase achievement and success for all students.
- Design appropriate curriculum, instructional, and assessment accommodations to support academic success for a diverse group of students including both striving and advanced learners.
- Incorporate effective and innovative uses of technology to support teaching, learning, and collaboration in a 1:1 learning environment.
- Maintain regular parent communication (virtually, face-to-face).
- Engage in annual cycles of professional learning.
- Participate in practitioner inquiry (research) to support professional learning and inform continuous program improvement.
- Analyze the impact of teaching practice and implemented curriculum on student learning.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- A Master’s degree; candidates with Bachelor’s degree will be considered and required to complete a Master’s degree within three years of hire; See UF’s Employee Education tuition benefit
- Florida teaching certification (or Certificate of Eligibility)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and effective strategies for motivating and teaching students with differing skill levels from a variety of backgrounds
- 3+ years of K-12 teaching experience
Interested applicants must apply online at https://jobs.ufl.edu and include:
- A cover letter or letter of application
- A complete resume or curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation providing evidence of effective teaching experience and ongoing collaboration with teaching colleagues
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
The University of Florida is An Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.