Assistant Director, Transfer Admissions Tracking Code727-280 Job Description
Employee must be a naturally persuasive, creative problem solver who thrives in an upbeat environment with non standard and varied working hours. A self-motivated, enthusiastic, goal-oriented individual with superior presentation, organizational, and interpersonal skills and will have demonstrated ability to follow direction, problem solve, manage multiple priorities and meet goals. This is a sales-like admissions and prospect management approach to a designated recruitment territory in an environment where recruiters are responsible for reaching enrollment and net revenue goals assigned to them. Daily responsibilities include communication with a large number of prospective transfer students through heavy phone outreach. Personal e-mails, notes, individual appointments, and group presentations are also expected. This position will involve the planning of prospective transfer student recruitment activities, extensive outreach and travel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes evening and weekend work, extensive phone use and telemarketing, travel, and intensive directive counseling for individuals and groups. More specifically, the following are essential and other duties may be assigned.
- Cultivates, engages, grades, persuades and closes prospective transfer students by leading group information sessions and meeting one-on-one with parents and prospective students to provide information and assist in the application process. Always qualifies conversation and generates next steps (application, enrollment deposit, FAFSA, housing application, registration, etc.).
- Determine the best next contact for each of the hot prospects in the territory. This involves regular use of the arsenal, which comprises both printed and web information collected for this purpose and members of the campus community - i.e., faculty, alumni, current students, coaches and parents of current students.
- After receipt of application materials, determines and informs them of acceptance and award of scholarships.
- Reviews files for acceptance, scholarships, and presents admission recommendation to admissions committee.
- Makes financial aid packaging/depth sounding calls.
- Administers transcript evaluation for domestic and international students, and is familiar with the accreditation of institutions and Stetson course equivalencies.
- Researches, plans and executes fall and spring travel for recruitment, by evaluating previous years' productivity; coordinates travel plans with college counselors and with other state colleges; meets with prospective students at colleges and educational fairs to inform them about the college, i.e. application process, scholarships, financial aid, majors, campus activities and on-campus housing.
- Must become knowledgeable about all aspects of Stetson University including academic programs, campus events and activities, orientation, athletics, housing, financial aid, billing, college policy, and important dates.
- Coordinates open house activities with other college departments; welcomes students; participates in open house events including arrangement of campus tours, student activities expo, parent and student panels, etc.
- Assists Student Services in orientation activities.
- Flexible scheduling is necessary, as much evening, weekend, and extended travel is required.
- Cultivate relationships with alumni, representatives at local community colleges and other constituents in the territory to assist with the recruitment process.
- This recruiter may work directly with additional populations such as seeking second degree, non-degree seeking students such as transient students and auditors, as well as re-entry students.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to problem solve, manage multiple priorities and meet goals
- This position requires the ability to drive a car as part of travel and lift/carry recruitment materials to events
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required
- Progressive experience in recruitment, marketing, retail, and other higher-education environments is preferred
Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be insurable under the university's auto fleet policy.
Salary Grade: 5
Completed COVID-19 Vaccine status required
Job Location DeLand, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular