Instructor/Assistant Professor of Nursing
About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Horace Mann founded Westfield State University as the first public higher education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. Westfield State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Westfield State is the most residential of the state universities in Massachusetts, with over 60% of our 5600 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Northampton and Amherst, and 1.5 hours from both Boston and Albany.
Job Description:Campus Title:
Instructor/Assistant Professor of Nursing State Job Title:
Nursing Job Code:
Full-Time Permanent Timeframe:
Academic Calendar Shift:
TBDRegular Days Off:
Saturday and Sunday Salary:
$81,000.00-$91,500.00 (Salary will be commensurate with education and experience). Note: Spring semester salary for faculty hired mid-academic year will be spread from January through August, giving continuous payments throughout the summer break. This will result in a reduced bi-weekly salary until the start of the fall semester.General Statement of Duties:
The Department of Nursing seeks applicants for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position at the level of Instructor or Assistant Professor. The successful candidate will teach courses beginning Spring semester 2022.We are seeking a visionary nurse educator to prepare and deliver a variety of classes and student learning experiences in the Nursing curriculum that aligns with the department and University's mission, values, and philosophy.Duties and Responsibilities:Duties include but not limited to:Essential:
- Providing effective learning in the classroom, clinical, simulation/lab, and with web-based on-line courses.
- Supervision and coordination of clinical experiences in the local health care agencies.
- Teaching a variety of nursing courses in the curriculum
- Advising students
- Service to the University and department
- Professional development.
- Teaching responsibility is 12 credits per semester.
- Strong clinical experience with an emphasis on psychiatric/mental health care.
- Master's degree in nursing with a minimum of three years of recent full-time experience in adult health nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure (or eligibility) in Massachusetts.
- Relevant clinical and teaching skills with a diverse student population.
- Effective written, oral, and electronic communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong computer skills and willingness to become adept in University software packages and procedures.
- A doctorate degree or matriculation in a doctoral program, and teaching experience at the baccalaureate level are preferred qualifications.
- Preferred field of expertise in psychiatric/mental health nursing.
- Experience and commitment to public higher education preferred.
- Experience with web-enhanced and online teaching is preferred.
- Preferred candidates will have prior college level teaching experience in either the face-to-face or online environment.
- Experience developing and using student-centered, active, and experiential learning strategies is preferred.
- Experience with regulatory and accreditation process is preferred.
For the majority of new employees, the minimum starting salary will apply. Specific salary for current Westfield State University employees and individuals currently working for the state of Massachusetts must be calculated individually in accordance with collective bargaining and state policies and procedures.
State job specifications for this position may be found at the department of higher education website: http://www.mass.edu/foremployees/classificationspecs/classspecs-pers.aspDisability Accommodations:
Westfield State University understands that persons with disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance regarding disability accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (413) 572-8106.Background Check:
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
Application Instructions:An online application is required
. A complete application includes:
- Cover Letter*
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copy of transcripts of highest degree
- Statement of teaching philosophy with areas for continuing scholarship
- Contact information for three reference letter providers**
* In your cover letter please include the ways in which you would advance diversity and inclusion in your classroom and at the university.
** Contact information for three reference letter providers should be completed on the reference form. Applicants that are using Interfolio for an existing confidential letter of recommendation should provide the Interfolio based email address (e.g. [email protected]
Application deadline: Review of applications will begin September 30, 2021. The job will remain open until finalists have been selected.NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
Westfield State University provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, age, disability or veteran status in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=137093&CNTRNO=9&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency