Job location: Maryland - Montgomery County Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R2961 Job Title
Program Coordinator (S05123)Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, Lifelong Learning Institute, has an immediate need for a full-time Program Coordinator.
This is a bargaining, non-exempt, grade 23 position. This position is located on the Rockville Campus and some travel to different sites in Montgomery County is required. Work hours are 8:30am- 5pm with occasional evening or weekend hours. For non-exempt positions, not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness.
The Program Coordinator provides support for diverse facets of the Lifelong Learning Institute operation (including Personal Finance and Career Development Programs). The Lifelong Learning Institute is a program within the Workforce Development & Continuing Education Division (WD&CE), and it is dedicated to serving individuals aged 50+ with intellectually stimulating courses, although adults of various ages take courses with this program. The courses are delivered online and in-classrooms at Montgomery College campuses and community locations. The Program Coordinator reports to, supports, and works in close collaboration with the Lifelong Learning Institute Program Director to administer and support these courses.Job Description
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support the material and logistics of the non-credit Lifelong Learning Institute (including some Personal Finance and Career Development courses) to enable effective delivery.
- Communicate daily with WD&CE staff, staff from other units within the College, faculty, current and potential instructors and students, community organizations, and the general public.
- Collaborate and support Program Director in developing new courses and programs to respond to the needs of the 50+ community.
- Provide superb customer service experience in serving students.
- Support faculty in a professional and courteous manner by performing various administrative duties as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with different units, including Payroll, Customer Service, Security, Procurement, etc. to accomplish the above listed tasks.
- Assist Program Director in creating and maintaining a course schedule for every semester.
- Work with WD&CE marketing and operations departments to ensure accuracy of printed materials and web page including but not limited to proofreading the WD&CE schedule of classes and other College publications.
- Receive, maintain, and process any pertinent records related to class registrations, class rosters, instructor pay, instructor grad entries, and end-of-term paperwork (class attendance sheets, evaluations, etc.).
- Represent Lifelong Learning Institute at community events. Prepare materials for these events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree.
- Three years of experience working with clients.
- Two years of experience in an administrative or customer service role with significant interaction with the public by phone, e-mail, and face-to-face.
- The equivalent combination of education, training, certification and/or experience that provides the required knowledge and expertise to perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
- Excellent administrative and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing), and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Marketing experience.
- Three years of experience with computer software applications, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Three years of experience in a learning institution/environment, working with clients, instructors, and/or students.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Three years of experience monitoring and supporting complex projects or processes.
- Initiative, high level of professionalism, cordiality, dedication, and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively depending on the situation.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting equity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment.
- Social media skills.
Initial salary placement $23.62 to $30.70 hourly, commensurate with education and experience.
- Click Here to apply online
- Online applications must be received by October 4, 2021
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Montgomery College is a welcoming community college committed to our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion; academic rigor and excellence; and developing the talented workforce for a thriving Montgomery County. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
We invite applications from individuals who want to join us in our mission to provide an exceptional educational experience and foster academic and economic success in a synergistic environment. Employees of Montgomery College are integral to meeting this mission.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools, and classes.
Closing DateMonday, October 4, 2021