Conference & Event Services (CES) delivers exceptional service, resources and support to events on the University of Denver (DU) campus. While upholding the University's integrity, values and inclusive engagement, CES cultivates strategic relationships with its internal DU partners to ensure the success of outreach to local, national and global organizations. CES provides services to clients for the exploration, discussion and enactment of issues and topics germane to a variety of important areas that include civic, political, non-profit, educational and business.
This position coordinates day-to-day activities for sales, marketing, and events for the entire CES event portfolio which includes internal and external events, summer conferences and camps, and weddings as assigned. The primary sales responsibilities are to assist in lead generation, manage leads through the sales process, and assist the sales team in meeting target goals. The primary marketing responsibilities are to coordinate day-to-day projects, conduct research, and assist in the measurement of results for various marketing campaigns. The primary responsibilities as an event coordinator are to coordinate and assist with all planning and event logistics from beginning to end and assist the events team. This position will make excellent service a priority to ensure high quality service is provided with clients, campus and external service partners, subcontractors, consultants, and DU staff. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Events.
- Oversee day-to-day activities to assist the events and sales teams.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Events to provide input, research, and analysis to strengthen the overall sales process and marketing strategy for Conference & Event Services.
- Manage sales opportunities, develop proposals, conduct site visits, and execute sales.
- Create various reports to assist in the overall development of the marketing and events profile.
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Events for content management and routine updates of the CES website.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Communication, Business, Events, Hospitality Management or related field.
- One to two years of related experience in marketing, events, or selling facilities and/or services.
- Masters Degree or equivalent experience.
- Three plus years of experience in Marketing, Events, or selling event facilities and/or services.
- Experience with event management software and processes.
- Ungerboeck (EBMS) software, and 25Live scheduling software.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, October 5th, 2021. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 7.
The salary range for this position is $43,000-$48,000
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.