University of Puget Sound
Academic VP/Dean's Office
Staff Posting Details Appointment:
Regular, 0.9 FTE position. Exact schedule to be determined with supervisor. Position Summary:
The Administrative Specialist provides instrumental support to the Provost and Academic Deans' Office by managing and tracking budgets, maintaining office and campus records, and providing a keen eye for detail with a collaborative spirit.
Additional responsibilities include coordinating schedules and meetings for the Academic Deans' Office, Institutional Research, and related departments and committees; tracking Academic Deans' Office budget expenditures; assisting in the planning and management of logistics for selected events; and supporting projects throughout the academic year as needed by both the Academic Deans and Provost.Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Provide administrative support for the University Enrichment Committee, including setting up award accounts, tracking expenses and reimbursements, and liaising with the Office of Finance
- Collaborate on supporting student summer research queries, applications, and awards
- Manage budgets of selected endowed funds
- Provide support for the Faculty Development Center
- Track Academic Deans' Office operations expenditures
- Review and approve credit card and cash purchases for academic department chairs
- Update office documentation (e.g., application forms, reimbursement forms, etc.) on an annual basis, both in hard copy and digitally, and ensure that all materials remain up to date
- Maintain office records and procedures, and assist in developing effective methods of maintaining records
- Provide excellent customer service and front-desk reception to those who call, email, or enter the office and answer questions and provide information as needed Other duties as needed
Manage budgets for the University Enrichment Committee and the Faculty Development Center Qualifications:
- Manage budgets of selected endowed funds
- Track Academic Dean's Office operations expenditures
- Review and approve p-card purchases for all academic departments chairs Review and approve p-card purchases for all academic departments as needed
High school diploma or equivalent; Associate's or Bachelor's degree desirable Compensation and Benefits
- Strong budgeting and financial records management
- Experience with administrative communication and demonstrable writing skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Responsible, efficient, and flexible
- Ability to understand and navigate multiple technology-based platforms
- Ability to work well independently and on hard deadlines
- Highly collaborative and able to work effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Excellent diplomacy and professionalism
- Impeccable recordkeeping and attention to detail
- Commitment to professional development and improving processes
- Operational knowledge of standard office equipment
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new processes, procedures, resources, and technology
- Technical skills - e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, Publisher, G Suite, and online forms
- Occasional moving of office and special event materials up to 20 lbs Ability to respectfully work, communicate, and provide support within a diverse campus community
: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: https://pugetsound.edu/human-resources/benefitsApplication Deadline:
Review of application materials will begin immediately.
Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified. Required Documents:
Resume Letter of Interest
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of all required background checks. All new hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or approved exemption.Diversity Statement:
We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives. We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community. We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: https://pugetsound.edu/about-puget-sound-0/mission-core-values/institutional-equity-diversity
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about
) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency