Title:Intake Career Specialist, Jessup Posted Date:09/20/2021 Job Category:Hourly and Temporary Department:Correctional Edu & Spec Popula - HCES Position Status:Hourly/Temporary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary purpose of the Intake Career Specialist is to fulfill the following duties and responsibilities:
• Complete daily career information forms for the processing of the inmates at the facility;
• Ensure all arriving inmates receive appropriate career information;
• Maintain a positive working relationship and communication with faculty;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred;
• Minimum two to three years experience working with diverse population;
• Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with students, faculty, staff, business/industry and the public;
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills;
• Passing the DPSCS background check is a requirement;
• Position is not eligible for remote work/telework.
Hours Per Week:10 Work Schedule:Monday-Thursday, 11am-1:30pm Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae