Clinton, NYOpen Date:
Sep 18, 2021Description:
Performs a variety of journeyman level carpentry duties supporting the maintenance, repair, remodeling and new construction of college buildings, facilities, and structures as directed by management.
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of college facilities, including but not limited to, carpentry, construction of interior and exterior walls, roof systems, minor concrete work, installation of doors and hardware, windows, blinds and shades, furniture repair, acoustical ceilings, floor systems, and finish carpentry.
- Installation of drywall, blue board, green board, cement board, water resistant drywall, ceramic tile as well as other floor and wall tiles.
- Concrete work will be required at times, including but not limited to, floors, walks, concrete repairs and caulking.
- Completes work requests as assigned by management related to college wide building and structure maintenance, renovations, remodeling and new construction.
- Responsible for the safe operation, cleanliness, maintenance and servicing of carpentry equipment and tools used in the performance of duties.
- Responsible for the safe assembly and operation of all scaffolding, aerial lifts, ladders, and other rigging equipment as needed.
- Teams with other departments within the college, including but not limited to, other Facilities Management departments, Campus Safety, and the special events staff to maintain college facilities and complete assignments related to college operations.
- Assists deliveries, setups, and tasks related to campus events and operations.
- Responds to routine and/or emergency calls for repairs or service from events/situations, including but not limited to, weather, violence, and terrorism.
- Performs snow and ice removal as needed.
- Position is required to work a reasonable amount of overtime as determined by the college.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Degree from a Vocational/Technical School preferred. Five (5) years as a full-time professional carpenter (journeyman) in building construction and carpentry in residential and commercial settings. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
All carpenters are required to provide their own hand tools. Valid driver’s license required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge OSHA regulations, personal protective equipment (PPE) and fall hazards.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in rough and finished carpentry.
- Knowledge of building and safety code requirements.
- Knowledge of methods and best practices in the maintenance of tools, machinery, and equipment.
- Ability to read and comprehend plans and blueprints.
- Ability to recognize and select appropriate materials for assigned projects.
- Ability to maintain cooperative, professional, and respectful working relationships with all employees, contractors, vendors, and business partners of the college.
- Ability to work independently or in a team- oriented environment.
- Problem solving and time management skills.
Please submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Consideration of candidates will begin October 4 and continue until the position is filled.