Nursing Instructor, Tenure Track (Multiple Openings)
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or [email protected]
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada is seeking applicants for multiple full-time, tenure track, Nursing Instructors.
The primary responsibility of Nursing Instructors is to facilitate student learning in the classroom and clinical settings. Teaching and workload assignments are scheduled throughout the calendar year, including summer. May require evening and weekend obligations at the Redfield campus and at off-campus clinical settings.Minimum Qualifications
1. Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Master's degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
3. Current unencumbered Nursing License in Nevada or other state and the ability to obtain a Nevada License upon hire.Preferred Qualifications
1. Master's degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution
2. Terminal nursing degree from a regionally accredited institution
3. Certification in a specialty area of nursing.
4. Experience in higher education including teaching, simulation instruction, accreditation, program review or assessment.Responsibilities
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Instruct students in nursing theory and practice using appropriate course outcomes developed by Nursing and college-wide subject area faculty. Assess student performance in these courses.
2. Assist with curriculum review, revision, and develop new course materials and innovative instructional concepts and techniques designed to facilitate student learning.
3. Apply teaching techniques effective in a laboratory/clinical setting utilizing state of the art delivery systems.
4. Prepare lesson plans, syllabi, exam questions, course information sheets, create appropriate teaching aids, and arrange provision of instructional materials and activities for student usage in classes and as homework assignments.
5. Attend and participate in non-classroom activities such as faculty development, department, division and community meetings, student advisement, student recruitment, and student retention.
6. Teach or supplement courses via distance education platforms and complete training necessary to teach in new modalities as required.
7. Assist the program director in mentoring part time faculty.
8. Annually define short term and long term professional development goals designed to remain current in the discipline.
9. Teach 30 credits during the contract time specified. This may include classroom teaching, clinical rotations, laboratory and simulation time. Maintain regular office hours in a private or shared office space at a college location. Attend department, college, and community meetings both on and off campus.
10. Understand and accept the role to be played as a partner in an educational enterprise serving the best interests of the students.
11. Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with standards, mission, and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College.
12. Function as a member of a team and independently.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Initial review of applications will begin 30 days from the initial posting date. Applications will be accepted until all openings have been filled.Exempt
100.0%Required Attachment(s)To be given consideration for this position all of the following information must be attached to your application.
Conditions of Employment:
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy Statement.
- Unofficial Transcripts
These are full-time, tenure-track positions reporting to the Director of Nursing.
“B” 172 day contracts are for academic year programs and obligate the faculty member for service during the academic year.Posting Close Date
11/30/2021Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---William-N-Pennington-Health-Science-Center/Nursing-Instructor--Tenure-Track--Multiple-Openings-_R0126812-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCC’s five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevada’s growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency