St. Lawrence University invites applications for a tenure-track position in Computer Science at the Assistant Professor level within the Department of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Statistics, to begin August 2022. The department currently employs 15 full-time faculty; four of these are computer scientists, with one of those four currently in a visiting position. CS faculty at St. Lawrence support undergraduate majors in Computer Science and Data Science by teaching three courses each semester, ranging from introductory programming to senior-level electives.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field by August 15, 2022
- Strong commitment to teaching undergraduates in a Liberal Arts setting
- Evidence of excellence in teaching and research
- Expertise in computer architecture, programming languages, and software engineering
- Experience teaching in a liberal arts environment
Interested and qualified applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu, uploading all required materials defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Complete applications submitted by October 15, 2021, will be given full consideration. Applications submitted after this date may continue to be reviewed until the position is filled. Please direct any questions pertaining to this position to the search chair, Professor Lisa Torrey at [email protected].
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.