Colorado State University seeks an entry-level, tenure-track Assistant Professor of English Education.
We seek candidates who are committed to equity-driven teaching and critically conscious research and who have experience teaching English in secondary schools. Preference will be given to candidates who are well-versed in social, cultural, and linguistic diversity and in approaches that emphasize the transformative power of literacy to promote equity and access and to enact social change.
This is a tenure-track, nine-month appointment, beginning August 16, 2022.
* Ph.D. or Ed.D. in English Education, Literacy or closely related field at time of appointment
* A promising record of teaching and scholarship/research
* A minimum of three years of experience teaching English in secondary schools
* Educational background, pedagogical experience, and/or scholarship which address culture, (dis)ability, ethnicity, gender, race, sexuality, and/or socioeconomic status within secondary English education
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
* More than three years of experience teaching English in secondary schools
* Experience teaching at the university level
* Desire to develop K-12 and community partnerships, and/or seek external funding to support research and outreach
* Experience in multimodal and digital literacies
Please submit a letter of interest that speaks directly to the position qualifications, a curriculum vitae, a scholarly writing sample, materials no more than ten pages in length providing evidence of teaching effectiveness (uploaded in the “Portfolio” required document), and the contact information for three references. References will be contacted, as needed, later in the search process. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Hard copy applications cannot be accepted. Application materials of semifinalist candidates will be made available for review by the entire faculty of the Department of English.
Questions can be directed to the search committee chair, Dr. Ricki Ginsberg, at [email protected]. To ensure full consideration, application must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on October 14, 2021.