St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, in the heart of growing St. Charles County. At St. Charles Community College, we have a passion for student success. We serve a growing diverse student population, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff who will help prepare our students for a global society. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success in serving diverse student populations.
St. Charles Community College seeks an executive officer of the college, the Vice President for Human Resources provides leadership and oversight to all functions and activities associated with human resources, professional development, and compliance. As an executive officer of the college this position is responsible for reviewing and updating Board policy and ensuring compliance with internal and external policies & regulations. Reporting to the College President, this position serves on the President's Cabinet and is a member of the President's Council.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides leadership over all functions associated with human resources, professional development, policies, and compliance.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of human resources legislation and ensures the College's compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Provides consultation to the President regarding employee relations, legal matters, and union negotiations.
- Formulates, revises, interprets, and maintains College Board policies and related college procedures.
- Administers job classification program, which includes classifying and reclassifying positions and creating and maintaining job descriptions and compensation levels. Assists with reorganization as needed.
- Ensures proper maintenance and retention of electronic and hard copy personnel, training, and medical records.
- Ensures timely and effective recruitment and employee selection processes needed to meet the mission and goals of the college and expand diversity.
- Ensures proper administration of benefit programs and applicable legislation requirements.
- Coordinates and participates in staff and faculty contract negotiations and is responsible for administration of union Memorandums of Understanding.
- Ensures compliance with Title IX and other federal regulations. Serves as supervisor to compliance officer.
- Serves as a confidential advisor to the college president.
- Provides leadership and ensures compliance with administrative procedures related to the retention and evaluation of faculty and staff.
- Responsible for oversight of the PEAK professional development program.
- Provides leadership needed to identify, organize, and facilitate all employee special events and recognition ceremonies.
- Administers student and faculty drug screening and background check processes as needed.
- Serves as resource for ADA accommodation matters.
- Bachelor's degree with seven or more years of experience as senior human resources professional is required. Candidates with an Associate degree, appropriate credentials, and more than 15 years of experience as a Director of HR in a community college setting may be considered.
- The vice president must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of technology to perform all functions in HR is required.
- Master's degree (M. A.)
- Five years of experience at the Director level.
- Seeking an individual who can assess the strengths and opportunities for improvement within SCC's Human Resources department and identify strategies that increase efficiencies, enhance practices, and improve employee relations.
- SCC is committed to diversity and seeks a leader who can help advance diversity efforts related to the recruitment and retention of new employees.
- A significant focus for HR includes employee relations. SCC seeks a collaborative leader who can build successful relationships between all constituency groups.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of best practices related to talent acquisition is preferred.
- Seeking a leader who has in-depth experience managing budgets, developing statistical reports, and developing employees.
- This individual must have experience in a union environment and be familiar with processes associated with negotiations.
- The vice president must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and serve as a resource to the college president in all legal and personnel matters.
- The HR department must meet many important deadlines related to sabbaticals, benefits, faculty contracts, etc. The vice president must be able to manage multiple, complex operations while meeting all deadlines.
- Seeking an individual who has knowledge of best practices related to diversity, professional development, and compliance.
St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.