Clinton, NYOpen Date:
Sep 16, 2021Description:
HAMILTON COLLEGE, a highly selective liberal arts college located in the scenic village of Clinton, NY, is seeking a graphic designer who wants to be part of its design team, a group of professionals who are committed to creating engaging print and digital solutions that support the College’s mission to prepare our students for lives of meaning, purpose, and active citizenship.
Guided by the motto “Know Thyself,” the College emphasizes intellectual growth, flexibility, and collaboration in a residential academic community. Hamilton students learn to think independently, embrace difference, write and speak persuasively, and engage issues ethically and creatively. One of America’s first liberal arts colleges, Hamilton enables its students to effect positive change in the world.
This position works closely with our Senior Director of Visual Communications and Design and Editorial teams to produce imaginative, compelling solutions that support the College’s Admission, Advancement, and Communications initiatives. The successful candidate will have a first-rate portfolio displaying a wide range of capabilities and creativity. You must be hard-working, flexible, team-oriented and capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Design a variety of print, digital, and web communications that reflect the College’s marketing objectives, standards for quality, and adhere to the College’s visual identity
- Contribute creative ideas and collaborate with others on problem-solving
- Fulfill requests for photos, logos and other creative assets
- Collect and respond to feedback on completed design projects in a professional manner and in collaboration for creative output that best supports the College’s mission and goals
- Work with the Production Manager to determine and prepare specifications for bid requests
- Ensure quality control through digital file testing and release and print production
- Organize and maintain all completed files according to established protocol
- Make a reasonable effort to become involved in the Hamilton community
- Actively participate in building our diverse, inclusive, and equitable campus community
- Attend professional development activities as made available
- Other duties as assigned
- This is a salaried position, work may sometimes expand beyond 40 hours/week
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience with print and digital design
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Fluency in Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Bridge, and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint);
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS and a basic understanding of responsive design
- Illustration skills are preferred
- Ability to learn quickly and eagerness to take on new challenges
- Be nimble and willing to do to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects while executing high-quality work under tight
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Commitment to responsiveness, high quality work, confidentiality, and customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Please submit cover letter, resume, portfolio link and contact information for three professional references. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.