Junior Graphic and Web Designer, Office of Communications and MarketingAbout the UT System
The University of Tennessee is comprised of campuses at Knoxville, Chattanooga, Pulaski, and Martin; the Health Science Center at Memphis; the Space Institute at Tullahoma; and the statewide Institute of Agriculture and Institute for Public Service.The UT System has a presence in each of Tennessee’s 95 counties. Through the combined force of education, research and outreach, the University serves students, business and industry, schools, governments, organizations, and citizens statewide.The University of Tennessee System, through its multiple campuses and institutes, serves the people of Tennessee and beyond through the discovery, communication, and application of knowledge. The System is committed to providing undergraduate, graduate, and professional education programs in a diverse learning environment that prepares students to be leaders in a global society. The UT System’s delivery of education, discovery, outreach, and public service contributes to the economic, social, and environmental well-being of all Tennesseans.The Opportunity
The UT System Office of Communications and Marketing creates awareness of the statewide University of Tennessee System’s mission, role and impact on the lives of all Tennesseans.The Junior Graphic and Web Designer supports the UT System by producing print and digital media that promotes the University’s mission through strategic communications. The position performs a wide range of both print and digital graphic design and marketing duties from the conceptualization of ideas to execution and delivery. The position works closely and collaboratively with team members and clients to reach goals through a commitment to high-quality design. The junior designer will support a culture of engagement and belonging by treating others with dignity and respect at all times and by exhibiting conduct that reflects a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Promotes the UT System to both internal and external audiences through print and digital graphic design and website development.
- Develops and executes marketing and communication strategy.
- Creates and edits graphic and website templates according to University branding and graphic identity standards.
- Designs and creates branding elements, print items, and other digital items, including – but not limited to – annual reports, printed support materials and PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintains brand integrity across all platforms and in all materials, both print and digital.
- Assists with managing photo, video, and asset libraries.Performs other related duties as required.
The Junior Graphic and Web Designer supports a culture of engagement and belonging by treating others with dignity and respect at all times, and by exhibiting conduct that reflects a commitment to inclusion, diversity, and engagement (IDE.) The successful candidate will respectfully communicate and cooperate with all employees and will actively participate in diversity awareness learning and development opportunities to enhance knowledge and eradicate racism in the workplace. Junior Graphic and Web Designer is also expected to contribute to the systemwide mission and fully embrace the University’s Be One UT Values.
A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, graphic design, digital media, marketing, or a related field is required. 1-3 years of graphic design, web design, marketing and/or communications experience in a professional setting is required. The successful candidate will be an experienced visual communicator of ideas through the use of text and images and will use data and metrics to tell compelling stories about the University of Tennessee. Experience working with WordPress software. Experience editing and formatting images for use on the web, print, and in digital media.Required Skills and Abilities:
The Junior Graphic and Web Designer will possess strong technical skills, creativity, and the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse audiences. In addition to the specific qualifications outlined above, other key skills include:
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Strong consultation and collaboration skills with ability to interpret client needs
- The ability to work independently and to complete projects within established timelines
- Project management skills to include establishing timelines, scope of work, and effective workflows
- The ability to plan, prioritize, and balance workload on concurrent projects while keeping clients informed on all aspects of a project’s status
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with rapid turnaround and revision of projects with tight deadlines
- Strong technical skills and the ability to use technology to enhance strategic communications
- Knowledge of best practices related to printed materials including sizing, color bleeds, color spaces, file formats, etc.
- Experience creating design prototypes
- A commitment to exceptional customer service
- Photo and/or video skills a plus
- Strong layout design, photo editing, and illustration skills
- The ability to create, edit, and troubleshoot in Adobe Creative Cloud software, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat Proficiency in all Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, including the ability to create and edit presentation slides and spreadsheets
For full consideration, candidates should attach a cover letter addressing their interest in and qualifications for the role, resume, and list of professional references.Compensation for the position will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work, and family benefits, and much more.Job:
Other ProfessionalPrimary Location:
Office Of Public RelationsSchedule:
Sep 17, 2021, 10:37:29 AM