Director - School of Business Graduate ProgramsPosting Number:
8209RCW Exemption Criteria:
10 - Academic PersonnelEWU Position Number:
52.02 - Administration, Management & OperationsFLSA:
Exempt - TeachingBargaining Unit :
UFE% Full Time:
100%Salary / Wage Range:
The expected salary upon hire is $68,101.Anticipated Start Date:
09/16/2021Term of Appointment:
9 months per academic year, mid-September through mid-JuneLocation:
Yes - BothLevel 1 User with Access:
Felicia JensenResponsible HR User:
Britt PirkerResponsible HR User Email address:
[email protected] "inquiries only"Job Summary:
The College of Professional Programs, Eastern Washington University, invites applications for a Special Faculty Lecturer, Management position to serve as the Director – School of Business and School of Professional Accounting Graduate Programs. This position will report to the Associate Dean and member of the College leadership team, with an expected start date of Sept 16, 2021.
The individual selected for this position will have a 45-credit administrative workload, which includes the following:
See the Job Duties section for a detailed listing of position responsibilities. About Eastern Washington University:
- Coordinating and developing the School of Business’s graduate program (MBA) and working in collaboration with the School of Professional Accounting’s graduate program (Master’s in Professional Accounting; MPAcc), including graduate certificates and online offerings.
- Directs the MBA and assisting the MPAcc programs as well as the Graduate Certificates and Online offerings:
- Offers broad career counseling services for Business and Accounting graduate students:
- Administers the MBA and assists with MPAcc outreach activities:
- Other duties as assigned
Eastern Washington University is a regional, comprehensive public university located in Cheney and Spokane, Washington, with programs offered throughout the state and online with an enrollment of over 12,000 students. Eastern is one of six state-funded four-year institutions of higher education in Washington reporting to its own Board of Trustees.Diversity Statement:
Eastern’s 300-acre main campus is located in Cheney, a community of 11,000 residents 16 miles southwest of the state’s second largest city, Spokane. Eastern also offers programs in downtown Spokane at the Brand new Catalyst building and on the Riverpoint Campus which is shared with Washington State University. Eastern also offers program throughout the state based on the needs of the community. Eastern offers an array of bachelor’s and master’s degrees and one applied doctorate in physical therapy. EWU offers 135 fields of study, 9 master’s degrees, 12 graduate certificates, 39 graduate programs, 1 educational specialist degree, and 1 applied doctorate to more than 10,000 enrolled students.
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.Conditions of Employment:
The required start date for this position is 09/16/2021. To be considered eligible for appointment into the position, applicants must be available and able to start in the position no later than 09/16/2021.Physical Demands :
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
None anticipated.Pre-Placement Physical :
Essential Functions Analysis forms (“EFA”) describe the physical and mental demands associated with our positions. If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Britt Pirker at [email protected]
NoHearing Test :
NoMedical Monitoring Post Hire :
NoProtective Equipment :
- MBA or related discipline
- Two or more years’ experience in positions with responsibility for managing program(s), including staff supervision
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Doctorate degree in related field (e.g. DBA)
- Higher Education experience
- Teaching experience
Work Schedule Type:
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
Schedule will vary from quarter to quarter to fulfill position’s responsibilities. Posting Date:
08/10/2021Open Until Further Notice:
YesScreening to Begin:
08/24/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
It is strongly recommended that you print a copy of these instructions and the position posting before you begin to complete the online application, as the instructions will not be viewable once you begin the application process.
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal located here: https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
Position is open until further notice; screening of applications will begin August 24, 2021. All materials will be held in strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.
Required documentation includes all of the items listed below.
Note: Interviews will be conducted via Zoom (camera must be enabled).
- Letter of application that addresses how you meet each of the key responsibilities and qualifications of the position (both required and preferred, if applicable), especially how your expertise and experience align with the posting;
- Curriculum Vitae
- Diversity Response – As an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. Please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- List of Professional References: please include a list of at least three references including names, title, organization name, phone numbers, email addresses, and their connection to you.
While we anticipate being open for in-person instruction for academic year 2021-2022, should Washington State or university pandemic restrictions disallow for in-person instruction, then courses will be taught via online platforms, including Zoom and other technologies. Candidates must be able to demonstrate competence using these technologies. % of Time:
100Responsibility / Duty:
Coordinating and developing the School of Business’s graduate program (MBA) and working in collaboration with the School of Professional Accounting’s graduate program (Master’s in Professional Accounting; MPAcc), including graduate certificates and online offerings.
Directs the MBA and assisting the MPAcc programs as well as the Graduate Certificates and Online offerings:
- Strategically manages admissions, administrative operations and student advising for the graduate programs, in collaboration with program directors and chairs.
- Facilitates programs growth and outreach.
- Collaborates with faculty and staff in efforts to advance the standing of the graduate programs.
- Supports maintenance or acquire professional accreditations, as applicable
- Develops, in collaboration with faculty and chairs, an experiential dimension to programs including international exchanges, study abroad opportunities, faculty international research partnership opportunities, and facilitates faculty-led study trips.
Offers broad career counseling services for Business and Accounting graduate students:
- Informs the appropriate individuals in the School of Business and/or School of Professional Accounting of issues that might be arising in their own programs.
Administers the MBA and assists with MPAcc outreach activities:
- Facilitates the networking of graduate students with professionals.
- Creates experiences to prepare graduate students for the professional job market in collaborations with directors and chairs.
- Organizes appropriate professional development activities to facilitate students’ competence in the professional job market.
Other duties as assigned
- Responds to stakeholders’ queries for new engagement or programs in collaboration with appropriate chairs, faculty, and staff.
- Fosters strong partnerships with the global academic community.
- Coordinates with the online partners, as appropriate
- Engages and maintain contacts with alumni of the various programs in collaboration with chairs, faculty, and advancement director
Essential Function Indicator: