Title: Business Analyst
Job no: 493110
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Categories: Information Technology, Staff
Salary: $53,964 - $68,804
This position is open until filled.
HACC offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to eligible employees. This position receives an annual leave package with 20 accrued vacation days, 13 paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 3 personal days; four day work weeks (May – August); comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; professional learning and development opportunities; flexible schedules and teleworking / hybrid options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents for all HACC programs.
Job Summary: This position supports the optimization of enterprise applications including the Banner Enterprise Resource Planning system and other enterprise systems and provides functional user support to meet business requirements. Key accountabilities include: project coordination, eliciting, analyzing, and documenting requirements, developing procedures to meet complex business needs, creating test plans, writing documentation, querying data, creating reports, and training users. Works collaboratively with IT staff, other business analysts, and other departments to improve processes, resolve issues, and implement system enhancements. Provides troubleshooting and general support for functional applications, third-party interfaces, and reporting applications associated with the ERP.
The Enterprise Analysis team supports the College’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) application along with other various on-premise and cloud-hosted systems.
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and 3 years experience experience within the field of technology with skills that are clearly transferrable to the position. Or, a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Hiring Range: $53,964 - $68,804
Preferred Qualifications:Experience with project management and feasibility analysisSDLC experience including requirements elicitation and testingHigher education system knowledge, Banner preferredExperience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)Relationship building and collaborative leadership skills
Job Specific Task List:
- Serves as the subject matter expert for systems utilized by the assigned functional area.; Supports the prioritization of technology support requests, projects, and upgrades for the assigned functional area with input from functional and cross-functional stakeholders; Creates and maintains task lists and timelines to meet deadlines.
- Conducts business analysis and writes requirements for enterprise systems and integrations; Applies knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), business analysis techniques, project management techniques, SQL, higher education, and functional processes; Performs analysis and makes recommendations in areas that require a high level of business acumen; Utilizes business analysis techniques to engage and collaborate with end users, stakeholders, and other IT resources; Elicits, analyzes, organizes, and documents requirements; ensures approval by stakeholders; Translates business needs into detailed specifications; Supports the effective use and integration of systems, researches new features, and implements baseline functionality; Designs and implements solutions to improve operational efficiency, reduce errors, and adapt to new requirements; Assesses impact to operational changes and risks; Creates standard and complex SQL queries against Oracle database to support analysis, design, reporting, and testing. Uses process mapping to analyze complex business processes.
- Resolves business and technical issues to meet business needs; Works independently and in collaboration with end users and IT for troubleshooting issues and assisting with maintaining data integrity; Documents technical issues and collaborates with IT and external vendors for problem resolution; Escalates critical operational issues.
- Ensure enterprise systems are adequately tested in the development environment prior to production deployment; Designs and implements test plans and procedures to ensure quality and effectiveness of applications; Conducts system and regression testing of customizations and configurations prior to deployment; Coordinates acceptance testing by functional process owners; Ensures functional users are aware of upgrades and are engaged in testing of upgrades and patches.
- Writes and maintains high quality documentation such as requirements, process documentation, and end user documentation; Follows departmental standards for sharing and organizing documentation to ensure accessibility to technical staff and functional users; Reviews documentation regularly and ensures documentation is accurate and up-to-date; Maintains up to date project and issue status reports.
- Partners with functional and technical stakeholders to ensure communications are clear, effective, and timely; Collaborates with functional users to assess training needs; Supports the creation of training materials; Coordinates delivery of training with functional process owners; Leads meetings and gives presentations to both management and staff; Establishes and maintains effective and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as functional users, vendors, and peer institutions. Exhibits exemplary communication skills and professionalism; Utilizes appropriate communication methods; communicates via available technology (phone, email, virtual meeting) or in person; can travel between campuses and off-site locations; Must have a dedicated high speed connection for connection to the college’s resources remotely; Must be reachable by phone during hours the college is operating; Flexibility in work schedule is required.
- Pursues professional development and networking opportunities as related to the business analyst role; Research technology solutions relating to Banner and other enterprise systems; Leverage resources available through vendors and industry; Maintain working knowledge of industry terminology, IT best practices, and functional processes, procedures, and workflows. 8. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Job Type: Fulltime 12 month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Sep 17, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time