Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management and Director of Student Financial Planning Tracking Code724-280 Job Description
Stetson University seeks a proven, dynamic, and forward-thinking professional for the position of Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management & Director of Student Financial Planning. As a key member of the administration reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the AVP manages the University’s financial aid functions. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes procedures and guidelines regarding the effective and efficient distribution of financial aid among eligible applicants and enrolled students, with central focus meeting the institution’s enrollment and budget goals
- Works closely with all Enrollment Management Offices (Admissions, Student Affairs, etc.) to maximize yield and retention of a talented and diverse population of students
- Oversees and coaches SFP staff in guiding students and families through all stages of enrollment via interpersonal counseling, publications, workshops, and correspondence with a keen eye toward constituent service. Acts as arbiter in exceptional cases
- Works with external consultants to establish institutional financial aid policy. Utilizes historical data to inform and project effective use of financial aid to meet institutional goals. Works closely with senior administration in the setting of enrollment and net revenue goals
- Selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates a staff of 7 full-time professionals and administrative staff with responsibility for administering the University’s scholarship, grants, loan, and financial aid counseling programs
- Manages the Student Financial Planning operating budget
- Works closely with the Office of Admissions and the University’s three deans and associate deans to determine the composition and character of each entering cohort and manages the award communication and financial aid packaging process and procedures from applicant status to enrollment.
- Provides leadership on various working groups dedicated to streamlining and improving policies and procedures across function areas of the University.
- Works closely with partner administrative offices to ensure student success throughout the academic year
- Oversees all areas and functions or financial aid awarding, disbursement, reconciliation, compliance, and reporting
- Ensures a high level of customer service through staff training, effective assessment and utilization of technology, process and policy development, and proactive communication
- Extensively analyzes data to determine program effectiveness, to inform strategic planning and tactical updates to annual planning, and to create, distribute and present reports to academic departments, senior staff, and the board of trustees
- Monitors and maintains the University’s compliance with constantly changing federal and state regulations on student aid programs
- Keeps abreast of new financing options and aid programs for students and their families and new approaches to distributing institutional funds
- Follows current research on the impact of aid on student’s enrollment decisions, academic work, and life after college, anticipating and adjusting to future changes
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
- A qualified candidate will demonstrate a history of crafting financial aid policy and a thorough knowledge of federal and state aid regulations.
- Candidates should exhibit strong leadership qualities and managerial ability.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate both high financial and analytical acumen but also a dedication to providing excellent student service throughout the student life cycle.
- To be considered for this position, candidates must be energetic, collegial, and results-oriented and can represent accurately and enthusiastically the University to a wide variety of university constituents.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred
- Ten years of progressive experience in both undergraduate and graduate financial aid
- Previous experience in admissions is preferred but not required
Salary Grade: 11
Completed COVID-19 Vaccine status required
Job Location DeLand, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular