Non-Benefited – Non-UnionCampus:
Sep 16 2021 Applications Close:
Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
This position will be responsible for the guidance and development of student-athletes that take part in this activity. The candidate will attend scheduled rugby practices and matches, advise students on skills and strategies in which they are familiar, and act as a key link in the Campus Recreations risk management plan.
• Arriving on time and prepared to instruct
• Provide mentorship, and teach rugby skills to students
• Attend all club practices/competitions
• Review all drafts of team injury forms
• Be aware and of help to implement program goals, guidelines
• Help maintain a culture of professionalism, inclusion and sporting conduct
• Meet annually with Club Sport administration to discuss team progress
• Maintain professional relationships with the team, administration, vendors, and any members of national governing bodies
• Act as a mandatory reporter for harassment, hazing, or any student health concerns
• Act as a first responder/assist in medical emergencies.
• Carry an up to date CPR/FA/AED certification through the American Red Cross
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• Be able to obtain a 200-level USA rugby coaching certification
• The candidate should have experience coaching, or leading groups involved in rugby.
• An Associate’s Degree or higher is encouraged but not required.
• Experience with varsity or recreational programming a plus.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a part-time, temporary, non-benefited position.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter (optional) with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.