DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Emergency Medicine
Instructor Position #00007262
– Requisition #22778* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Emergency Medicine has an opening for five full-time Instructor positions. Nature of Work:
- Provision of emergency medical care to children.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:
The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provision of pediatric emergency care in the Children's Hospital Colorado Emergency Department as well as possibility one or more of the satellite emergency departments and urgent care sites.
- Teaching of house staff and medical students, referring facilities and physicians, transport teams, families and the broader community.
- Participation in and support of the clinical research activities of the Section of Emergency Medicine.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $170,000 to $220,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty, and training.The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
. University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Conditions of Employment:
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Degree.
- Board certification in Pediatrics.
- Board certification and eligibility in Pediatric Emergency Medicine or Emergency Medicine.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must successfully pass a 10-panel drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado.
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex-offender background check.
- Ability to handle fast paced acute care environment.
- Demonstrated professionalism and teamwork mentality.
- Strong interpersonal skills with effective communication styles to work with our diverse patient population.
- Completion of fellowship training in Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
- Experience with pediatric patient population; pediatric emergency, critical care or urgent care exposure ideal.
- POCUS trained.
Sep 16, 2021Unposting Date: