Job no: 492580
Work type: Adjunct
Location: St. Louis, MO
Categories: College of Arts & Sciences, Adjunct
Job Summary/Basic Function
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University’s learning community and courses online and/or on campus.
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications for an academically qualified adjunct faculty member to teach different Computer Science courses including:
• COSC 130 - Introduction to Programming
• COSC 140 - Introduction to Blockchain
• COSC 150 - Introduction to Java Programming
• COSC 151 - Computer Science I
• COSC 220 - Database Design
• COSC 231 - Project Management
• COSC 290 - Blockchain Networks
• COSC 305 - Blockchain Cryptocurrencies
• COSC 315 - Ethics and Legal Aspects of Blockchain
• COSC 350 - Data Structures and Algorithms
• COSC 360 - Operating Systems
• COSC 375 - Applications of Blockchain Technology
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures,
• expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner (within 24-36 hrs.).
• Establish digital office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
• Student-centered approach and passion for teaching and mentoring a diverse student population.
• PhD in Computer Science or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
• Experience in online teaching.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: September 17, 2021
Applications close: Open until filled