Job location: Maryland - Montgomery County Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R2940 Job Title
Grounds Maintenance Worker (S13021)Job Description Summary
Montgomery College has multiple openings for FT Grounds Maintenance Workers in the Office of Facilities. The work schedule is 5 days/40 hours a week. This is a Bargaining, non-exempt, grade 15 position. For non-exempt positions, you are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College. This is an essential personnel position. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness.Job Description
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Landscape & Green Space Management – Turf Mowing, trimming, edging, blowing, weeding, pruning, planting of trees, shrubs and flowers along with the removal of trees, shrubs and flowers. Mulching, watering, seeding, laying sod, core aeration and applying lime and fertilizers. Leaf and debris removal.
- Maintain Campus Grounds – Flowerbeds Plant shrubs and flowers, mulch beds as needed, edge, weed beds and water as needed, pruning of bushes and trees.
- Trash and Recycling Collection Maintenance of campus grounds first thing in the morning. Trash removal from parking lots and pole cans, inter campus trashcans and ground trash along with recycling, bulk trash items, graffiti removal with chemicals, dead animal removal. Disposal of all trash and litter in the proper locations. Removal of branches, limbs and fallen trees campus wide. All trash items may contain biohazards materials.
- Essential Personnel Duties Provide support during winter storms or other seasonal weather events. To include ice and snow removal and control, tree debris cleanup and other support services needed, helping other departments.
- Equipment Maintenance Maintenance of equipment on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Perform preventive maintenance, oil changes, and tune-ups, replace air filters, repair exhaust systems, change and rotate tires, replace fuel pumps and filters, replace belts and hoses. Replace turn signal control devices, parking brake cables, damaged items, and worn electrical components. Sharpen balance and replace mower blades, grease/lube equipment and other repairs and maintenance as needed or requested.
- Parking Lot Maintenance Install and repair asphalt with the use of asphalt roller and tamper. Install, repair and replace sign post and signs. Install repair and replacement of traffic poles. Replace sign, banners on a seasonal basis.
- Storm Water and Inclement Weather Management During inclement weather, snow and ice removal. On rainy days and ahead of storms keep the parking lot storm drains and roof drains free of debris to prevent water build up along with pond drain. Keep all drains free of litter and debris.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- High school diploma or GED.
- A valid driver's license is a required as a condition of employment, evidence of a good driving record is required.
- Minimum of 1 years hands-on commercial professional Landscape or grounds maintenance experience including knowledge of operation and maintenance of lawn equipment, planting and maintenance of plants, flowers, trees and shrubs required.
Salary Range: $17.40 to $21.75 hourly. Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity. New hires do not typically start beyond the mid-point of the range
- Click Here to apply online
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Closing DateOpen Until Filled