Job location: Maryland - Montgomery County Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R2919 Job Title
Director of Employee and Labor Relations (A01021)Job Description Summary
Director of Employee and Labor Relations
Montgomery College (Maryland) invites applications for the Director of Employee and Labor Relations position.
Montgomery College’s Office of Human Resources and Strategic Talent Management has an unique opportunity for the Director of Employee and Labor Relations to provide strategic direction and leadership to ensure the appropriate alignment of Montgomery College’s employee and labor relations initiatives, programs, and processes with the College’s mission, strategic goals and objectives. The incumbent will design, develop, and administer programming services that proactively address employee-related issues and concerns using a variety of strategies and interventions ranging from large-scale organizational initiatives to individual consultation.Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a member of the Office of Human Resources and Strategic Talent Management leadership team.
- Leads and supervises a team of five employees.
- Provides guidance and direction to leaders, supervisors, and employees in an effort to facilitate positive working relationships and minimize potential issues, conflicts, and/or grievances.
- Provides guidance and direction on the development and administration of human resources policies, performance management, and employee disciplinary matters. .
- Develops and implements comprehensive strategies to proactively address employee relations issues
- Advises and provides guidance to senior leadership on all labor relations matters, including philosophy, strategy, interpretation of collective bargaining agreements, and actions.
- Develops and fosters collaborative and progressive labor-management relations with recognized employee collective bargaining units (unions).
- Lead and coordinate negotiations for three (3) collective bargaining agreements, working in collaboration and consultation with internal and external legal counsel.
- Manages the administration and interpretation of labor contracts, providing guidance and direction to supervisors.
- Administer and manage the College’s employee discrimination complaint investigation process, mediation, adjudication, and compliance services.
- Proactively collaborates as a strategic partner with the organizational development and training units in developing and implementing mentoring, coaching, training initiatives, and other interventions in an effort to reduce conflicts, potential complains and/or grievances and to educate and enhance the competencies and skills leaders, supervisors, and employees
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Management or a Bachelor’s degree and equivalent combination of training and experience equivalent to a Master’s Degree that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Seven years of experience in employee relations, including collective bargaining field, including three years of progressively responsible managerial experience at the department level, or equivalent administrative experience.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require an employer visa sponsorship.
- Juris Doctorate degree with specification in employment and Labor Law discipline.
- Experience working within a higher education setting
- SPHR Certification
Additional Job Information:
Initial salary placement $118,834 to $163,384, commensurate with education and experience.
For questions, please contact Maria Bedenbaugh, HR Specialist, at: Maria.email@example.com
Montgomery College is a welcoming community college committed to our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion; academic rigor and excellence; and to developing the talented workforce for a thriving Montgomery County. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
We invite applications from individuals who want to join us in our mission to provide an exceptional educational experience and foster academic and economic success in a synergistic environment. Employees of Montgomery College are integral to meeting this mission.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools, and classes.
Closing DateOpen Until Filled