Grounds Maintenance Worker IIUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Grounds Maintenance Worker IILocation:
Transportation ServicesRecruitment Type:
Open to AllMonthly Salary:
$1,835Job Category :
Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
Ability to read and understand written instructions.Preferred Qualifications:
Skill in filling out forms or logs.
Skill in use of lawnmower and weed eater.
Ability to perform basic math.
Ability to work irregular hours, weekends, and holidays.
Ability to work as a team member.Job Description:
Ability to utilize the internet.
Ability to remove litter from parking areas.
Ability to assist with general painting and preparation.
Ability to adhere to safety standards.
Responsible for providing attractive, safe, and well maintained grounds.Job Duties:
To perform general maintenance duties in parking lots, garages, and adjacent grounds. Duties dependent upon assignment.Additional Information to Applicants:
Position requires working irregular hours, weekends, and holidays.Job Open Date:
09/16/2021Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight):
09/30/2021Open Until Filled:
NoNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
7:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., Applicant must pass the physical skills assessment relevant to the job posting title requirements.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.Why work @ Texas State? :
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents! Quick Link:
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.