Director of Purchasing
Columbus State University
Columbus State University has an opening for a Director of Purchasing. This position will provide professional leadership, direction, planning, management, and supervision of procurement and business activities and operations while assuring maximum cost effectiveness, quality, and value. Responsibilities
Significant responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the Office of the Vice President of Business and Finance (VPBF) to align efforts and provide high-quality procurement services to University strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Participating in the development and implementation of strategic plans, budget, departmental goals, objectives, and systems as it relates to the procurement function.
- In conjunction with the VPBF Office, identify best practice Government Procurement programs and initiatives to enable University missions and secure effective purchasing outcomes, and develops plans to implement such programs/services.
- Leading and providing accurate, timely, and transparent analyses on purchasing efforts and outcomes across the portfolio to identify strategic opportunities, and inform purchasing decisions and processes Service Delivery.
- Ensuring that Procurement services delivery meets expected standards; implements changes and improvements.
- Working with Faculty and Staff to ensure effective and collaborative working relationships across each college and department.
- Developing and implementing clear communications within the Department and with internal and external stakeholders to support efficient processes and procedures.
- Providing dispute resolution review, recommendations, and determinations.
- Providing procurement training to internal and external stakeholders.
- Overseeing vendor relations.
- Provides technical guidance, recommendations, and oversight for contract administration of all contracts that involve University spend.
- Provides strategic support to University Administration, Faculty, Staff, and Students while developing and implementing procurement policy and program recommendations.
- Oversees procurement function to ensure that the purchases and contracts are audited, dispatched, and completed in the most efficient and effective manner possible, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies, including Federal, State of Georgia, and local governing bodies.
- Solicits high dollar, highly complex technical or critical procurements through RFPs, RFQs, RFQCs, RFIs and/or Sole Sourcing/Branding.
- Oversees the specification and scope of work development process to ensure appropriate competition.
- Assists the VPBF Office with delegated authority for purchase orders, contracts, sole source procurements and emergency procurements.
- Interprets and implements statutory, policy and procedural requirements as they pertain to purchasing and contractual issues and contract administration.
- Reviews, approves, or denies sole source and emergency procurements within delegated authority.
- Provides daily management and oversight for the procurement and contracting processes.
- Administers and implements all updates with University's P-Card Program.
- Supervises a team of four (4) full and part-time employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university and a minimum of four years of public purchasing experience. The successful candidate must have a Georgia Certified Purchasing Associate Certification (G.P.C.A.) or the ability to obtain the certification within one year of employment. Previous experience leading a team of professionals is also required. Proposed Salary
The annualized salary range for this position is $58,468 - $65,776 and includes full benefits. Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Application
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 706-507-8920 or e-mail to [email protected]
. Conditions of Employment
Successful completion of a criminal background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment is required. Equal Employment Opportunity
Columbus State University is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Columbus State University to recruit, hire, train, promote, and educate persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Special Applicant Instructions
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. All applications and required documents must be submitted using Columbus State University's online employment site and a complete packet must be submitted for full consideration.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=30000&JobOpeningId=233382&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency