Job Title: Associate Dean of Students
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 232257
Minimum Requirements Master's degree from an accredited college or university with at least five years experience and must have experience in a higher education environment.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Requires experience in a higher education environment
- Ability to exhibit empathy and work closely with students in distress
- Managerial skills and the ability to communicate well with faculty, staff and students
- Requires a strong background in student personnel administration and/or counseling
- Knowledge of student mental health issues and appropriate methods for handling students in crisis
- Working knowledge of computer software systems is required in the following areas: Databases; Operation Systems; Spreadsheets; Other
Preferred Qualifications Background in higher education and counseling servicesFive to seven years in working with college studentsAbility to resolve problems and recommend alternativesStrong decision making skills related to students in crisisResponsibilities The Associate Dean of Students assists the Dean of Students and represents the office as directed. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and Chair the University Behavioral Intervention Team, called CAREServe as a nonacademic student conduct investigator and hearing officer as appropriateServe as the Designated campus Official for students who are homeless or in foster care and are in need of assistance requiring referrals to other offices on campus or in the community. This includes working with other students who require referrals to resources in the communityRecommend, develop, and manage special projects that help students experiencing difficulty at the university such as Open Paws Food Pantry, Student Emergency Fund, and other student advocacy InitiativesAdminister the contract to assist students who are interested in off-campus housingCollaborate with various campus partners to build and facilitate student co-curricular experiences that enhance learning outside of the classroom including educational outreach and faculty/staff trainingServe as a Clergy Campus Security Officer for Clergy reportingAll other related duties/tasks as assigned
Job Summary The Associate Dean of Students serves as a member of the Office of the Dean of Students at Augusta University. The Office serves a student body of more than 9500. When many of these students interact with the Office, they are at a difficult and vulnerable time in their college experience. The Associate Dean is often the first point of contact for their needs Specifically, the Associate Dean is the chair of the University’s Behavioral Intervention Team, called the Campus Assessment Response & Evaluation Team (CARE); serves as a nonacademic student conduct investigator and hearing officer (including Title IX); serves as the designated campus official for students who are homeless or in foster care; manages the Open Paws Food Pantry, the Student Emergency Fund, and the COVID-19 Student Emergency Fund; serves as a Clergy Campus Security Officer for Clergy reporting; and serves as a resource for faculty and associate deans who are managing nonacademic student concerns. Shift/Salary Salary to be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.Conditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
This position will require the acquisition of a P-Card and/or handle cash, credit or other sensitive information and will require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
How To Apply To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.