DCG Clinics Support Specialist Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and one year of experience.
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a recognized state or federal accrediting organization with a minimum of three years progressively responsible office support.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Meticulously accurate with excellent problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Ability to make sound decisions and maintain professional and courteous demeanor
- Ability to produce acceptable work volume and effectively meet established deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, AxiUM, MiPacs and other computer software/databases
- Excellent verbal/written communication, interpersonal, and customer service/presentation skills
Preferred Qualifications Previous front office experience in a multi-provider dental practiceKnowledge of dental procedures and terminologyExtensive customer service experience/trainingResponsibility of patient schedulesResponsibilities DCG requires staff to deliver high-quality customer service. This position is a representation of that friendly, welcoming customer service atmosphere. It is imperative the incumbent delivers professional customer service in person and over the phone to patients, providers and staff. The position is responsible for registration of new patients to include gathering, verifying, and entering patient personal, contact, and insurance information onto the patients' accounts within AxiUM system. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for maintaining a productive schedule for the providers to meet production and financial goals of practice. This requires maintaining lists of patients awaiting appointments who can be contacted as cancellations occur, concentrating on current day first, next day, etc. as current day takes priority. This includes advising patient of payment policies at the time the appointment is scheduled for new patients. This also requires keeping up to date recall list for ensuring patients are appropriately treated on a regular recall basis.
- Must adhere to DCG's high customer service standards by greeting each patient with a friendly and welcoming reception: responsible for assisting in checking-in patients as they arrive for appointments; this includes updating of patient information, insurance verification, receiving/posting payments from patients and/or consulting with patient of various payment options. Ensures that all patients are either scheduled for their next appointment, pending appointments are created or recalls are established for all active patients upon completion of their appointments. Check-out patients and collect and post any payments due. Notify patient of their financial obligations for their next appointment.
- Must be courteous and professional when handling incoming calls for new to meet high customer service standards. They may be calling to inquire about the services offered by the DCG so they could potentially become new clients. This includes registering patients into axiUm computer system with accurate and complete information as well as generating and sending a new patient welcome letter.
- Must deliver pleasant and responsive customer service when contacting patients to reschedule appointments as providers become unavailable due to conflicts in schedules or sickness. Maintain referrals in the order that they are received, schedule referral appointments and monitor referrals action status. Generate follow-up correspondence to referring providers.
- Responsible for assisting in answering incoming general calls in a considerate and proficient manner to provide quality customer service. This could be, but is not limited to, handling inquiries regarding patient accounts, requests for scheduling or re-scheduling appointments or redirecting calls to the appropriate department as determined by the nature of the call. It may also include patients with emergency dental needs and scheduling appropriately.
- Responsible for generating reports in axiUm of unscheduled treatment and contacting patients for scheduling of continued care. This includes, but is not limited to, failed appointments list, pending appointments list and recall lists. Mail letters for efficient patient management.
- Assist patients in accessing accounts to determine charges as well as account balances. Assist residents, faculty, staff and patients with appropriate account information. Ensure that any changes, discrepancies or corrections regarding an account are directed to the appropriate areas of responsibilities.
- Balance their bank by reconciliation of payments posted for each business day.
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-FPay Grade: 10Salary: $13.20/hr Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 9/14/2021 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Credit Check This position will require the acquisition of a P-Card and/or handle cash, credit or other sensitive information and will require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. “Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success.”Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.