: Part Time Non-Benefited PositionsSubscribe:
: Workforce & Economic DevelopmentLocations:
: Boston, MAPosted:
: Sep 15, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: PT No BenefitsPosition ID:
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
The Division of Workforce and Economic Development is seeking qualified, passionate instructors in a variety of fields and disciplines to meet the workforce nd community education of the Greater Boston area. Courses and programs include fields such as Business, hospitality/culinary, and Education. They may be offered for Continuing Education units (CEU's), licensure or certification renewals, community education or customized employer training.
The following positions or subject-areas are open-until-filled and on a contract basis as described:
fall 2021/spring 2022
- Business Development and entrepreneurship (esp. multilingual instructors in Spanish and Portuguese)
- Leadership, Human Resources and team building
- Social Media Marketing
- MS office: esp. Excel
- Quick books
- Serv Safe
- Hotel management
- Cake Decorating
- HiSet Test Prep
- Computer Literacy
- Microsoft office, esp. Excel
- English on the job or contextualized English
- ESOL - community -based and corporate -based
- Early Childhood
- Citizenship, immigrant topics
- In Design/Photoshop
- Digital photography
Appropriate experience and skill, as well as the appropriate training, license, and/or credentials where applicable, in the course subject(s).
- Prior teaching experience in course subject is preferred.
- Employ a variety of teaching methods to engage all students.
- Commitment to working assigned schedule reliably and punctual
- Excellent organizational skills and strong communication skills.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Ability to lead and conduct classroom courses and/or workshops
- Ability to use technology
The salary range is $30.00 per hour to $75.00 per hour depending on the specific experience and subject matter.
- Some courses may be offered offsite at a company
- Online teaching experience may apply
- Applicants may be selected to demonstrate teaching skills in our teaching academy
Effective January 3, 2022, all Bunker Hill Community College employees will need to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, unless granted an accommodation.
Applicants may apply by submitting a resume and cover letter. Please indicate modalities (experience teaching online, hybrid or face-to -face and availability (days, nights, and weekends.)
Open until filled